www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas

VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas Discussions area for A5/MkV Jetta/Golf (2005/2006 PD and 2009 CR).

Old August 2nd, 2019, 13:21   #1276
rcoker

Default updates on hpfp failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
Any updates?
Ah, yes, update!

I have chosen to allow my insurance to total the car rather go through the hassle of trying to buy it back via my lending institution. What a headache. Unsure if I want another new Jetta TDI at this point or not. Two months of nonsense and not having a car. Only got to enjoy it for six weeks drive time.
rcoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2019, 08:27   #1277
Michael B

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoker View Post
Ah, yes, update!
I have chosen to allow my insurance to total the car rather go through the hassle of trying to buy it back via my lending institution. What a headache. Unsure if I want another new Jetta TDI at this point or not. Two months of nonsense and not having a car. Only got to enjoy it for six weeks drive time.
Wow that's crazy. I personally am avoiding future purchases of Volkswagen because of the way I was treated by corporate. The dealer was great to work with and is the only reason I was able to get the car repaired with a new fuel system. Even with my state department proof of the fuel being good, VW still denied the warranty claim.
Michael B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2019, 06:33   #1278
jimbote

Fuel Economy: golf=38-43mpg...tacoma tdi=29-33mpg

https://www.accuratediesel.com/6-7l-...ntion-kit.html
love this idea, i wonder if it's adaptable to the CR cp4
Old January 21st, 2020, 13:02   #1279
Michael B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
Sidenote: they had my car for so long my second set of keys to the vehicle no longer are paired to it, and I get the "out of range" error when I try to start the car with the keys. They changed the battery in the keyfob and it still would get the same error. Also ever since they fixed the HPFP the car has a buzzing sound after being on for a few minutes. The dealership was great to work with, though, and they were the ones who pushed back against VW in order to get a good will package done.

By the way, I wanted to post another update. I had another volkswagen dealership fix my keyfob, and had a standard service at this other VW dealership. I mentioned the buzzing, humming sound to them. After a misdiagnosis and a fix of something that wasn't really a problem, they diagnosed it again and I told them that it has to be due to the HPFP fix earlier, because the sound only started after they replaced my fuel system.

Well, turns out THE FUEL LINE WAS INSTALLED BACKWARDS! So that's why it was making a noise, and that was also inadvertently causing some power issues (occasionally difficult to gain speed). Well, they fixed it, and only yesterday did the original dealership that fixed my car reimburse for the diagnosis and fuel line fix.

With such an expensive repair in the first place, I can't believe they would repair it wrong. Did they make any other wrong-fixes when they repaired my HPFP or fuel system? Find out next time on Never Buy a VW Again!
Old February 10th, 2020, 17:43   #1280
crustodd

Add me to the list..Bought my 2011 JSW with 68k at the end of 2018..Now at 109k and dead HPFP. At Lithia VW in Salem Oregon now..They'll be supplying a loaner car while the fix is done. As a CPO car, I'm understanding the repair to be covered with a $50 deductible, but now I'm pretty leary of keeping it much longer. I just had the Tbelt 100k service done, new fuel filter and oil changed at 106k. Not impressed VW.

Question- does any calculation of the warranty restart if you have any of the covered failures within the warranty period?

Would the DPF have been.replaced with the original "fix" before I bought it at 68k?
crustodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2020, 07:38   #1281
kjclow
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 max / 44 avg on beetle ~37 on JSW

The DPF on the 10-14 were typically not replaced unless they had already failed.

The warranty will not restart but there is typically a warranty (2/24?) on the replacement parts, which may or may not be longer than the emissions warranty. The HPFP should be covered under the emissions warranty and should have no deductible.
Old February 11th, 2020, 23:24   #1282
crustodd

kjclow, thanks for that clarity. My dealer is giving 12mos./12k on the fuel system replacement. I don't think I'm gonna keep the car that much longer😬
crustodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2020, 02:38   #1283
Matt927
Veteran Member

TDI(s): several

At least they are replacing it for you and not claiming contamination or some other nonsense.
Matt927 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2020, 10:45   #1284
Michael B

Quote:
Originally Posted by crustodd View Post
Add me to the list..Bought my 2011 JSW with 68k at the end of 2018..Now at 109k and dead HPFP. At Lithia VW in Salem Oregon now..They'll be supplying a loaner car while the fix is done. As a CPO car, I'm understanding the repair to be covered with a $50 deductible, but now I'm pretty leary of keeping it much longer. I just had the Tbelt 100k service done, new fuel filter and oil changed at 106k. Not impressed VW.
Question- does any calculation of the warranty restart if you have any of the covered failures within the warranty period?
Would the DPF have been.replaced with the original "fix" before I bought it at 68k?
I agree with you about not being impressed with VW anymore, but on a brighter note, they fixed yours for only 50 dollars and are giving it a warranty too. They had my car for over 80 days because they erroneously claimed I contaminated my fuel which is why the fuel pump failed. (It took so much effort not to just laugh in their face at this claim, because I bought it new in 2010, never put in the wrong fuel, even before they required the "only diesel" stickers, and that I had almost 400 miles on the tank of fuel before the fuel pump failed).

So while you may be wary of your vehicle now, it should work for a long time, and when you need a new car, don't buy a VW diesel until they stop making bad parts.
Old March 7th, 2020, 11:50   #1285
Weeman

Default 2006 tdi brm dsg transmission

Car starts fine goes in revers no problem but soon as put in drive car quits. Anyone have anything to tell me to look for? I installed new crank sensor didnít help any Iím getting no codes on Ross tech
Weeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2020, 16:27   #1286
turbovan+tdi
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeman View Post
Car starts fine goes in revers no problem but soon as put in drive car quits. Anyone have anything to tell me to look for? I installed new crank sensor didnít help any Iím getting no codes on Ross tech
Start a post in the proper car area, this is for CR fuel pump failures.
turbovan+tdi is offline   Reply With Quote