2009 VW Jetta Sedan 6 Speed - Stage 3, CR170 Turbo, Rawtek 3", OEM BiXenon's, SWEET

TDI-JAY

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Sportwagen 6M
2009 VW Jetta Sedan 6 Speed - Stage 3, CR170 Turbo, Rawtek 3", OEM BiXenon's, SWEET

The time has come to sell my 2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 6 Speed Sedan.I love the car, it’s just time for something bigger as the wife is days away from having child #3 and the infant seat is huge. I have also been looking for a reason to buy a 6 speed Passat so what better time than now. This has been an amazing car, and has never given me an ounce of problems. I am very picky, there is not a shake, shimmy or rattle in the car. I have a big folder of slips that come with the car - currently 131,000 Miles.

Finished in white over a black leatherette interior with power moon roof, heated seats and all the normal power equipment. This car is a one owner and has not been smoked in, I also have all 3 keys (2 masters, 1 valet).A stage 2 / delete tune was done @ 100,002 miles. At 118,000 miles I upgraded the car to the stage 3 tune & brand new CR-170 Euro turbo. Made the car a blast to drive and I saw quite an increase in mileage.Under “normal” 65-70 mph driving with no A/C on the car easily averages 50+ mpg and 700+ mile tanks. Driving 75-80 mph and the car easily gets 43-45 mpg.

Exterior of the car is in nice shape, a few normal marks from everyday driving – cleans up real nice. There is a mark on the drivers rocker panel that will be professionally fixed prior to purchase.Interior is in great shape, the seats still look like new. Front rugs are protected with weather tech mats, rears with factory monster mats. Car will also be prof. detailed before delivery.I have a clean title in hand.

Maintenance

· Michelin Defender Tires – 90K mile tread life. Alignment done @ 91,600
· New Lower ControlArms. 92K
· New passenger axle (from Quirk VW) 92K
· New Front brakes – rotors & pads. 92K
· New Rear brakes – rotors & pads. 92K
· Timing Belt (104,200) - Complete Timing belt kit from IDparts.com (Rollers, bolts, tensioner, all stretch bolts, drive belt, water pump.Also replaced fuel filter.
· Oil Changes done every 7,500 miles with Castrol & Mann filters.
· Fuel Filters done every 15,000 miles with Mann filters.

Performance / Upgrades

· RAWTEK DPF Delete exhaust 3” Downpipe & Midpipe. 100K
· Banks 3” “cat back” 100K
· Rocketchip Stage 3 Tune 118K
· CR-170 Turbo – new from ID parts @ 118,000
· Darkside HP EGR delete 118K / LP also deleted
· EGR Cooler Delete 118K
· Diesel Geek Panzer Plate
· Diesel Geek – Sigma 6 Shortshifer (one of the best mods).
· RCD-510 Radio – Sirius Radio hooked up & still on for a few months.Killer radio.
· Factory BI-XENON headlights.
· 2 Micron Tech “Return Flow” Filter
· H&R Sport Springs – stock springs come with the car.
· New South 2” Indigo Boost Gauge in vent mount.

** Please be aware this car is set up for “offroad use only”. It may, or may not pass your states inspection policy. Two (2) readiness monitors are “not ready” and until tuners figure this out, they will never be ready. Check engine light is NOT on. Please be aware of this before purchase.**

Asking $12,500 with the BI-Xenon headlights.$12,000 with the factory headlights. This is not a fire sale, so no low ball offers please. Best way to get me is email - jaycarnes508@gmail.com or PM me here.

Last edited:

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Nice car. Can't wait to see what you do to the Passat.

One of the best mods is fixing the awful chrome grille. Good work with that.

The readiness would be a problem up here in NH for sure. Can't pass the computer tests without showing readiness.

TDI-JAY

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Sportwagen 6M
Nice car. Can't wait to see what you do to the Passat.

One of the best mods is fixing the awful chrome grille. Good work with that.

The readiness would be a problem up here in NH for sure. Can't pass the computer tests without showing readiness.
When I bought the car, I couldn't paint that grill (plasti-dip) fast enough. I thought the chrome really clashed with the white especially.

That's interesting with NH, I thought that was the one surrounding state I would be able to pass. Here in MA you are allowed to have 1 readiness monitor not set. I know some states just visually look at it, see there is no CEL light and you are good to go.

klettn

TDI
03 Jetta Wagon, 03 Jetta Wagon (with stuff added), 83 Mercedes 300SD, 06 Duramax
Hey Jay, surprised to see you selling it already. Too bad I'm not ready for another car....I'd buy it in a second but still loving the 03! Rolled over 55K so will be at about 35K per year.

Bump for a great seller who pay VERY close attention to details!

I'll be interested to see what you do with the passat....you should get a Touareg and let us all see what you can come up with to build that :)

TDI-JAY

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Sportwagen 6M
Hey Jay, surprised to see you selling it already. Too bad I'm not ready for another car....I'd buy it in a second but still loving the 03! Rolled over 55K so will be at about 35K per year.

Bump for a great seller who pay VERY close attention to details!

I'll be interested to see what you do with the passat....you should get a Touareg and let us all see what you can come up with to build that :)
(Klettn bought my 03 Wagon about this time last year. Site unseen and had it shipped from me in MA to WI. He knows how picky (or insane) I am with these cars.)

Thanks Nate,

For what ever reason - after I have a car for a year my brain starts thinking something else. Glad to hear you are enjoying the wagon, that was such a good car. I am up to 50K miles a year now, adds up so fast.

I like the Touareg, but I am a stick shift guy and can't beat the mileage that the cars get.

No interest from anyone? Am I asking to much? I know its modified, so please spare me that reason. :D

maine coaster

TDI
(3) 1998 VW Jetta Mk3's (all retired) 2010 VW Jetta
I'm about ready to upgrade from my '98 MkIII - going to roll 300k on the next tank of fuel, and it's ready to be put out to pasture.

Has your car been dyno'd? Curious about the horsepower. Also, is the clutch upgraded?

We'll be in Amherst this weekend, might swing by and take a look...

crxgator

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta BRM 5 speed
Someone local to me has a Stage 2 with DPF delete and apparently you need to reinstall the HP EGR and Malone has it in the tune so you can pass emissions.

TDI-JAY

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Sportwagen 6M
I'm about ready to upgrade from my '98 MkIII - going to roll 300k on the next tank of fuel, and it's ready to be put out to pasture.

Has your car been dyno'd? Curious about the horsepower. Also, is the clutch upgraded?

We'll be in Amherst this weekend, might swing by and take a look...
I have not had the car on a dyno, was one of the things I meant to do but just never happened. I fully expect it to lay down at least what the Malone stage 3 cars are doing (190+ HP to the wheels). It pulls very nice. My last ALH put down over 190 to the wheels so I have a good basis to judge it on.

The clutch is stock and does NOT slip @ all. Like all the other guys I have talked to with stage 2+ & a 6 speed, If you stab the throttle at like 1,500 RPM in a higher gear, you get a quick shutter from the fly wheel. I've never liked to load a car at that low of RPM, so I just make sure to drop a gear or 2 if needed. 99.9% of the mileage is in 6th gear on the highway @ 2,200 RPM, but it sure pulls nice out of the tool booths :D.

You are more than welcome to see / drive the car. I am @ work Saturday until about 2.00 which is closer to the mass pike if you are coming from Amherst. Or you are welcome to come to my house - I live right by the highway and you can take for a blast. Tracks down the highway flawless, its a sweet car.

crxgator said:
Someone local to me has a Stage 2 with DPF delete and apparently you need to reinstall the HP EGR and Malone has it in the tune so you can pass emissions.
That's awesome :cool:. I know a few of the guys were working on how to get around it. I wonder if the car / tune saw the HP EGR it would set that last readiness monitor?

brian_e

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Silver Jetta
Great car, great price, awesome mods. Wish I knew if the readiness monitors would pass in NH or not...

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Nice car. NJ is to stick on emissions. Let me know if you want to sell the BI-XENON headlights. Are they fully functional?

TDI-JAY

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Sportwagen 6M
Nice car. NJ is to stick on emissions. Let me know if you want to sell the BI-XENON headlights. Are they fully functional?
I never bought / hooked up the comfort module to make them self level - was on the "to do" list. I do have a friend of mine in line for the BI-Xenons if they do not go, as well as Paulinski - but I can put you next in line! They do look nice on the car ;)

brian_e said:
Great car, great price, awesome mods. Wish I knew if the readiness monitors would pass in NH or not...
Thanks! :D Thanks! :D and Thanks! :D

Every state is so different. I just don't want to give wrong info that it "may" or "should" pass - I'd be weary of any state that requires readiness unless they will pass it with two (2). I have learned today that PA is diesel exempt, so find a relative in PA!

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Pretty sure not in NH. I've had vehicles not pass for readiness in the past couple years. Just had a friend with a Treg TDI who couldn't get his car to pass for a month because it wouldn't show readiness (no mods, just had some issue that they couldn't figure out with readiness). I hate readiness.

Nice car though. I'm sure its not an issue everywhere.

klettn

TDI
03 Jetta Wagon, 03 Jetta Wagon (with stuff added), 83 Mercedes 300SD, 06 Duramax
Readiness shouldn't be a problem in WI. Maybe I should buy another one of your cars Jay?? Wish I was in the market.

TDI-JAY

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Sportwagen 6M
Wow.....sooo close and still available. Someone buy before I have to!
I can deliver! :D

Pretty sure not in NH. ...... I hate readiness.

Nice car though. I'm sure its not an issue everywhere.
Agree'd!

Readiness shouldn't be a problem in WI. Maybe I should buy another one of your cars Jay?? Wish I was in the market.
It would look nice parked next to the wagon ;)

I have some interior pictures I will be adding to this posting.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Well on to the next project:D

TDI-JAY

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Sportwagen 6M
Going to the beautiful peach state of GA. Buyer is a fellow TDIclub member & takes delivery on Tuesday.