2015 Golf TDI Highline OEM Sport Springs for Canada

davidch

TDI
None
I am considering buying US 2015 Golf SEL TDI. It is my understanding the Canada Highline TDI came with OEM sport springs. Take car - 1/2 in lower and firmer. Does anyone know those part numbers? Thanks. :)

davidch

TDI
None
I am considering buying US 2015 Golf SEL TDI. It is my understanding the Canada Highline TDI came with OEM sport springs. Take car - 1/2 in lower and firmer. Does anyone know those part numbers? Thanks. :)
any CA folks out there with Highline willing to post a VIN?

neimis

Veteran Member
TDI
'92 Passat TD, '01 Golf GL TDI, '15 Golf Trendline TDI
9 months late, but here they are:

My car (Canadian TDI Trendline) 4 door manual transmission "Standard" springs:
Front: 5QM 411 105 D
Rear: 5QM 511 121 C

Canadian TDI Highline 4 door manual transmission "Sport Suspension" springs:
Front: 5QM 411 105 L
Rear: 5QM 511 121 L

Last edited:

neimis

Veteran Member
TDI
More information to confirm that these are indeed "Sport" springs

Standard Suspension 4 door manual TDI:

Front springs: 5QM 411 105 D PR code: G01+L07+2UA
PRCode: 2UA = Standard design
PRCode: G01 = Front shock absorption
PRCode: L07 = Suspension range 07 installation control only no requirement forecast
Rear springs: 5QM 511 121 C PR code: 1JA+0YB
PRCode: 0YB = Weight range 2 installation control only no requirement forecast
PRCode: 1JA = Rear shock absorption basic design 1

Sports Suspension 4 door manual TDI:

Front springs: 5QM 411 105 L PR code: G01+L18+2UC
PRCode: 2UC = Sports version
PRCode: L18 = Suspension range 18 installation control only no requirement forecast
Rear springs: 5QM 511 121 L PR code: 1JC+0YF
PRCode: 0YF = Weight range 6 installation control only no requirement forecast
PRCode: 1JC = Rear shock absorption for sports design

PHAT-DUB

Vendor
Never knew that i have a manual highline.
Will be removing swapping out the oem springs soon and installing H&Rs

@badgeskins_mk7wagon on instagram

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

neimis

Veteran Member
TDI
Never knew that i have a manual highline.
Will be removing swapping out the oem springs soon and installing H&Rs
@badgeskins_mk7wagon on instagram
Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
Looks like you have a wagon. Damn. I would have liked to buy your springs if it was a hatchback.

davidch

TDI
None
More information to confirm that these are indeed "Sport" springs
Standard Suspension 4 door manual TDI:
Front springs: 5QM 411 105 D PR code: G01+L07+2UA
PRCode: 2UA = Standard design
PRCode: L07 = Suspension range 07 installation control only no requirement forecast
Rear springs: 5QM 511 121 C PR code: 1JA+0YB
PRCode: 0YB = Weight range 2 installation control only no requirement forecast
PRCode: 1JA = Rear shock absorption basic design 1
Sports Suspension 4 door manual TDI:
Front springs: 5QM 411 105 L PR code: G01+L18+2UC
PRCode: 2UC = Sports version
PRCode: L18 = Suspension range 18 installation control only no requirement forecast
Rear springs: 5QM 511 121 L PR code: 1JC+0YF
PRCode: 0YF = Weight range 6 installation control only no requirement forecast
PRCode: 1JC = Rear shock absorption for sports design
neimis... good info. i have a dsg. would weight be similar enough to use same setup as your listed manual? thx

neimis

Veteran Member
TDI
neimis... good info. i have a dsg. would weight be similar enough to use same setup as your listed manual? thx
From what I have been able to find, depending on the source, DSG adds from 20 to 30 kg. more to the weight (probably mostly over the front axle) than a manual transmission.

I'll send you a PM with some more info.

jonferns

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf
From what I have been able to find, depending on the source, DSG adds from 20 to 30 kg. more to the weight (probably mostly over the front axle) than a manual transmission.

I'll send you a PM with some more info.

Why not post it here? This is good info that I'm sure a few of us would be interested in.

neimis

Veteran Member
TDI
Why not post it here? This is good info that I'm sure a few of us would be interested in.
OK, I found a VIN number posted on a BC dealer's website, so it's public knowledge. Therefore I feel it's OK to post it here: 3VW2A7AUXFM050455
It is a 2015 Volkswagen Golf 5-Dr 2.0 TDI (Canadian) Highline DSG

According to my source, these are the part numbers for its springs:

Front springs: 5QM411105K
PR-G01+L17+2UC
G01 = Front shock absorption
L17 = Suspension range 17 installation control only no requirement forecast
2UC = Sports version
ECS tuning $86.44

Rear springs: 5Q0511115GJ
PR-1JN+0YE
0YE = Weight range 5 installation control only no requirement forecast
1JN = Rear shock absorption
Pelican Parts $113.36

It would be good for someone with access to EKTA to double check that this info is correct.

Last edited:

davidch

TDI
None
neimis... thx again. one more question. just to confirm the canadian tdi's alos have non IRS (i.e. torsion beam) rear suspension like the US models to make room for the adblue tank?

davidch

TDI
None
thx again neimis... i also came across this detail review of the CAN 2015 Golf Highline
http://www.autotrader.ca/expert/20150427/test-drive-2015-volkswagen-golf-tdi-diesel-highline/
it even states the sport suspension as part of the package "Top Highline trims ($30,995) add 17-inch all-season tires with “Geneva” alloy wheels, a stiffer sport suspension...". Other differences i noticed between the CA Highline and the US SEL are the real leather vs vinyl seats. Otherwise, the specs look nearly identical. Visually, the CA car height looks to be about ~1/2" (12-15 mm) lower than my US model. Not too much but definitely takes out that strange 4x4 look the US models have... :cool:

Last edited:

CGR

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI manual. Silver/Black
OK, I found a VIN number posted on a BC dealer's website, so it's public knowledge. Therefore I feel it's OK to post it here: 3VW2A7AUXFM050455
It is a 2015 Volkswagen Golf 5-Dr 2.0 TDI (Canadian) Highline DSG

According to my source, these are the part numbers for its springs:

Front springs: 5QM411105K
PR-G01+L17+2UC
G01 = Front shock absorption
L17 = Suspension range 17 installation control only no requirement forecast
2UC = Sports version
ECS tuning $86.44

Rear springs: 5Q0511115GJ
PR-1JN+0YE
0YE = Weight range 5 installation control only no requirement forecast
1JN = Rear shock absorption
Pelican Parts $113.36

It would be good for someone with access to EKTA to double check that this info is correct.

When you put the part number 5QM411105K in to ECS's website, it returns the same spring you get when you do a search for GTI springs. That leads me to believe that the Highline springs are nothing more than a GTI front spring with a matched rear spring for our torsion beam TDI's which is what many of us seem to be looking for. Their website also lists the rear spring as being available when I put 5Q0511115GJ in to the search bar.

I contacted ECS a couple of days ago and they are looking in to finding the correct Driver Gear springs for our car. I am also trying to find out the exact ground to fender measurement for the H&R Sport springs for the TDI. I don't care about lowering the car, I just want a sportier better handling suspension so the Highline springs might be exactly what I am looking for .

CGR

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI manual. Silver/Black
I stopped at my dealer today and did some checking on their system. The front springs 5QM411105K and 5QM411105L are both designated sport springs in their system, and the rear spring 5Q0511115GJ is also designated as a sport spring. The GTI sitting in their showroom had front springs with a part number of 5QM411105AC. It sure looks like the Highline springs are GTI front springs with the correct rear torsion beam spring to match.

marcusku

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Sportwagen, 15', red
Has anyone figured out the part numbers for OEM sport spring for the Sportwagen? Not sure they were sold in CA that way but they were sold in Europe.

witchcraftz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Just to add my 0.02 cents, having had the GTI front springs I wasn't very impressed with their handling on the TDI.

With conversations with spring experts, my conclusion is that the GTI front springs are not meant for the weight of the TDI engine, spring ratio will be wrong.

Part numbers are fine but the actual spring rates would be a better indication of fitment. VW offers very different parts for a simple last letter change of a part number.

I would urge patience before buying GTI springs and suggest that the different part number for the Highline is more than just a "rebranded GTI front spring".

I would be very interested in seeing a picture of highline TDI springs next to standard TDI springs though.

Last edited:

15TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
Not a spring expert or a suspension expert so I'll ask; what is there to gain with sport springs over the non sport springs besides a slightly more capable setup?

My question stems from basics, isn't the aftermarket options more capable then OEM options?