loaner car for phase 2 no longer provided

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
Is the loaner car not available for phase 2 anymore ? called to book and they said nope

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Look in the paperwork from the court. If it is in there to be provided, then show it to them and push for one. Mine didn't take long to complete (about 2 hours). Still got a loaner as I still needed one for work. Maybe take it in on the weekend and wait if they won't provide after trying everything. In normal circumstances it is hard to get one unless they have to keep your car overnight.

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
I don't know how hard you want to push for it. I've only had one dealer ever put me in a VW. The rest have some kind of arrangement with the car rental places and I usually get stuffed into something unbearable. During my phase 2 I was "loaned" Nissan's equivalent of a smart car. I basically drove it home, parked it, drove the bug for the day, and then took the Nissan back. Of course, I had to put fuel in it to get it up to whatever mark they wrote on the paperwork. I certainly didn't drive it a quarter tank's worth of fuel so overall I chalk that experience on the losing column.

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
Audi/Porsche fuel is complimentary. Whatever is left in the tank, that is.

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
I'm sure the dealer wouldn't care, I don't remember them saying anything about the Passat I was loaned from the one dealership that provided a car. I'm not going to argue with a Hertz employee, however. It's not worth the time or energy. I really just wanted to get out of there fast as possible. Had my wife followed me down to drop off the wagon, I wouldn't have even taken the car home but I didn't have any other way getting home.

SkiBumJH

TDI
2009 JSW, sold back 11/17, 2012 Jetta Sportwagen
My dealer is 100 miles away. Last fall they set me up with a loaner to inspect an intermittent CEL. Natch, it went away about 30 miles away for the first time in weeks. They couldn't duplicate it so no fix. It comes back on the way home. No fees, gas for free.
This spring I get a wheel speed sensor replaced in a coupla hours,( takes about 15 mins in the driveway) but they would not loan me anything, said I had to rent one of their cars. ***? Tells me the prior service rep musta paid for it himself. Now why would he do that? BS, I say.
Crickets.
This service guy says they replaced both the sensor and the wire, but only sensor on my invoice...(warranty stuff).
I hate going in there. Even when it's free I debate it.

ilyago

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta S DSG
Went in for the phase 2A "recall" two weeks ago. They gave me a loaner (V6 Passat SEL).

I noticed they put a special "VW Emissions loaner" sticker on the paperwork, so I guess this gets billed back to VW differently than regular warranty loaners.