Buy Back Spreadsheet - Track our buyback status

lonhr2

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI, Stage I Revo
I submitted my documents on Oct 29 and haven't heard anything back. Should I keep waiting or is there something else? Thanks in advanced
**Update** for some reason VW canceled my claim lol. I uploaded my docs again last night and they were accepted in a few hours. I'm waiting to hear if I'm eligible. Kinda sucks to wait this long but oh well :cool:

What are people switching to with the buyback option? Are there any GTIs left lol

kjohnson129

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI SEL
10/27 - Initial paperwork uploaded
11/14 - VWGoA rejection email on (2) forms
11/18 - Corrected forms re-uploaded
11/25 - VWGoA email approving thru Step15 (Forms)
12/08 - VWGoA Auditors reviewing (See 12/13 entry)
12/13 - Called VWGoA on status. Rep said on 12/08 went to Auditors
12/29 - Zzzzzzz Zzzzzzz :-(

** Was curious as VW12Houston was similar with a 11/28 Step15 Date and is also
financed. Mine is through Audi, which should make it easier **
My docs were uploaded 11/12 and accepted 11/21- financed through my credit union. I got someone on chat Tuesday that said they haven't requested the payoff yet and wait 2-3 weeks. Already a week over the 20 business day mark and it has yet to be started.

Prof_KeenBean

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Manual
10/13 initial documents uploaded
11/18 Documents accepted
12/28 offer letter received
12/28 offer letter uploaded
12/29 offer accepted and buyback appointment set
2/10 buyback appointment

sohna

TDI
2009 Jetta
11/02/16 initial documents uploaded
11/10/16 Documents accepted
12/19/16 Offer letter received for Fix
12/19/16 Offer letter uploaded to change to Buyback (No Notary needed)
12/26/16 Documents uploaded for Buyback
12/22/16 Documents accepted for Buyback
12/28/16 Offer letter received for Buyback
12/28/16 Offer letter notarized
12/28/16 Received Appointment set up email
02/09/17 Buyback appointment for 2 cars

2009 Jetta TDI
2015 Passat TDI

04Passat

Veteran Member
TDI
09 MKV Sportwagen
My 2009 JSW gets turned in tomorrow at 3:00PM EST. the agreed upon price is $16096.73...

I will drive my 2014 Passat until they insist on my taking action; at that point I will take the buyback option on it, as well.

TKat13

TDI
2012 Passat SEL
Buy back yesterday - took 10 minutes, took pictures, stated I took really good care of the car and handed me a receipt. No money. Now I wait for JP Morgan to send me an email so I can send them my account and routing number. I may be one of the first ones because no one can tell me when I will actually get the money. JP Morgan is supposed to email me within 24 hours, they failed. (yes, checked spam folder) Then was told (pending on who you ask at the dealership, both were the buyback reps) 2 days to 2 months to get the money. Guess I am walking...

Replacing with a Ford.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
There's a lot of writing on these threads, but doesn't seem to be a lot of reading going on. The Chase emails seem to be pretty consistently going out at about 8:30 PM EST, normally the business day after you sell the car back. Once you get it, you log in and enter your bank information, and see the money in the account the next business morning.

TKat13

TDI
2012 Passat SEL
Buy back yesterday - took 10 minutes, took pictures, stated I took really good care of the car and handed me a receipt. No money. Now I wait for JP Morgan to send me an email so I can send them my account and routing number. I may be one of the first ones because no one can tell me when I will actually get the money. JP Morgan is supposed to email me within 24 hours, they failed. (yes, checked spam folder) Then was told (pending on who you ask at the dealership, both were the buyback reps) 2 days to 2 months to get the money. Guess I am walking...
Replacing with a Ford.
Email from Chase Payments came in at 7:27 PM CST today. Stated 1-2 business days for transfer.

Maybe I do not have to get out my running shoes so quick. :)

najel

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 5 speed
I'm trying to add my data to the spreadsheet, but it does not let me add a new row? It just cuts off after the last one, can't scroll or tab down? Any ideas?

TKat13

TDI
2012 Passat SEL
Email from Chase Payments came in at 7:27 PM CST today. Stated 1-2 business days for transfer.
Maybe I do not have to get out my running shoes so quick. :)
Woke up this morning at 5:30 AM and the money was in the bank; 9AM at my bank (when it opened) and cut a certified check for my down payment for the Mustang. The email stated it could take 2-3 days if I did not have a Chase bank account, however, I have Capital One and it was still the next morning FWIW.

mikee

TDI
2012 Jetta
Noticed my chase email around 8:15pm CT last night. Fille out the info and as of 3:30am the funds are cleared and available in my bank. (I am a long time Chase customer if that helped any) $18,766 for my 2012 VW Jetta TDI Premium with 97,300 miles.
Interesting. I just closed on the buyback this morning. 2012 VW Jetta TDI Premium with 94,596 miles. $18,346. I wonder my mine was less?

atoughram

TDI
2013 Passat SEL
Not sure why my information was not on the spread sheet - I put it there.

Docs submitted 10/1
Docs Reviewed 10/28
Offer here on 12/30
Offer notarized and back to VW on 12/30
Email to set the date back within a couple of hours
Buyback Date is 2/15

2013 Passat SEL Premium TDI - 61K Miles

Last edited:

goodysgotacuda

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Goft TDI/6spd & Jetta TDI/DSG
Business Day #36 has passed and still no offer letter after approved documents. I wish there was something I could do to speed this up. I'm on more than bald tires, the oil service is overdue and I've essentially parked the car.

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Business Day #36 has passed and still no offer letter after approved documents. I wish there was something I could do to speed this up. I'm on more than bald tires, the oil service is overdue and I've essentially parked the car.
So much for getting all those offer letters out by the end of 2016. :(

kaamacat

TDI
None now :0)
10/27 - Initial paperwork uploaded
11/14 - VWGoA rejection email on (2) forms
11/18 - Corrected forms re-uploaded
11/25 - VWGoA email approving thru Step15 (Forms)
12/08 - VWGoA Auditors reviewing (See 12/13 entry)
12/13 - Called VWGoA on status. Rep said on 12/08 went to Auditors
01/01 - :mad:5:mad: Weeks (26 Business Days) since Step15 confirmation

Narvelous81

TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI
10/1 - Initial paperwork uploaded
10/30 - VWGoA rejection email on vehicle registration
11/1 - Re-uploaded vehicle registration
11/10 - VWGoA email approving thru Step 15 (Forms)
12/27 - Final offer on supervisors desk for approval according to claims.
1/1 - Still waiting for final offer. Going on 33 business days.

Last edited:

RedBug

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle Convertible - sold back
Ok. EFT set up late 12/16 >10pm
Funds showing pending in account at 9am 12/19
Also called VW credit and confirmed that the car payment at the beginning of the month not included in amount will be credited when all is done.
Don't forget to cancel Car Net so you can get a refund...
VW credit paid off 12/29

Now waiting for refund of last payment made after VW's calculations.

Grayantz

TDI
Yep, Docs approved 11/08 and nothing. I think the worst part is that there is absolutely nothing I can do about it but sit and wait.
Super frustrating! I started my claim in July, realized I did something wrong when the portal wanted me to upload a power of attorney form so I started over and submitted new claim on October 26th. Received green check marks thru step 15 on November 18th and nothing since. I've called the hotline, chatted online multiple times only to be told that it is still with the third party auditor. I emailed the contract attorney in CA on 12/20 and she said VW had hired more people and my claim should process in the next two-three weeks and to call her the next week if I didn't. I haven't, somI called and emailed her and no response. Have now also filed a claim with the FTC. Frustrating to see some claims zipping thru the process and the others seem to have fallen into a black hole. I'm currently at 42 business days since my claim was started. I thinks it's the unknown driving me crazy, did they lose it, is there some crazy issue with my scans? I just want a date for this to be done!

crew7809

TDI
14 Passat
VW throwing themselves under the bus.... Here is what they sent me when I inquired about my settlement......

The processing time pursuant to the terms of the Court approved Settlement Agreement is 20 business days. This is ten business days to review your document package and, if your document package is complete, ten additional business days to determine your eligibility and create your offer letter. In regards to your claim, your documents have been approved and your claim is in final eligibility review and you should be receiving your final offer letter soon.

Documents Submitted and accepted 20 Sept 16
Document Approved 28 Nov 16
as of 3 Jan 2017 no offer letter.....well beyond the time line....I filed a complaint with the FTC and the plaintiff's lawyers and have heard nothing from either......

kaamacat

TDI
None now :0)
Called about 930(EST) this morning. No status change. The person on the other end was very "generic" about her response to my questions. She did say it was taking longer than expected, yet, I said its been two months now and 26 business days since the Step15 (11/25) approval email. Silence. (I do know from a call back on 12/13 it was to the auditors on 12/08 since Step15....still "Two Months" looks bad no matter how you slice it)

Last edited:

Rjfalski

TDI
2011 Golf 2Door Manual
Turned in beloved 2011 Golf on 12/29. Funds were in my account this morning. Only issue i had was the first scanning of documents. Once I re submitted, all went smoothly.

Turn in the Mrs's. This thursday.

We now have a BMW 335d. Thanks Volkswagen

mikee

TDI
2012 Jetta
Initial submission: 8-9-16
Docs Accepted: 11-4-16
Offer received: 12-6-16
Notarized and returned: 12-6-16
Accepted: 12-7-16
Scheduled for: 12-30-16

2012 Jetta TDI
Financed through VW Credit.

Am buying a 2017 Jetta GLI
Payment was posted to my checking account this morning. LOVE the new 2017 GLI.

Rjfalski

TDI
2011 Golf 2Door Manual
Turned in the Mrs's TDI sportswagen today. will post how long it takes to get paid. Just INFO to share. My buddy was dragging his feet for who knows why about submitting his offer paperwork. He did today and the soonest turn in appointment available to him in Phoenix is March. So people who have not jumped on this process ASAP may find it to take some time to get through it all.. I hope that's not the case..

At the dealer a guy tried turning his in after having it towed in on a trailer.. didn't start they refused it.

Funds received 1/6/17 - done with VW

Last edited:

Minimums

TDI
2013 Conv Beetle
Docs Accepted: 11-7-16
Offer Received: 1-4-17
Notiarized and Uploaded 1-4-17
Scheduled turn in 2-22-17.
No Earlier Appointments Were available.
All three VW Dealers in Las Vegas had similar dates or March Dates as the first option.

Last edited:

MIA

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf, 09 JSW
They are getting better at this!

Date Submitted: 1/2/17
Date Accepted: 1/3/17
Offer Received: 1/5/17

Note, I own my extremely low mileage 09 JSW and need to stall as my replacement car has a delivery date of "late February, March".

Eotnak

TDI
2012 JSW
Turned in my Passat 10:30 yesterday morning.

Holes in the rear bumper from the accessory parking sensors that I wouldn't be compensated for. Glue on the side rocker panels from the side skirts I wouldn't get compensated for. And the coolant light flashing thanks to a hole in the radiator due to a bad experience the day prior.

Thankfully the car was already in the service department, so I only had to drive it 50 feet from service to the check in point...

No questions asked. By 6pm, I already received notification from Chase that I had a payment from Vw and immediately submitted my bank transfer info.

Payment was the full agreed upon price.
Can you be more specific about not getting compensated? I thought that damage to the body would be overlooked. Mine was in an accident and is perfectly driveable. I thought that wouldn't matter. Will they deduct for body damage?

Last edited: