05 Passat Wagon TDI

deep_sea

TDI
'06 Jetta TDI 5spd, 1997 F350 Power Stroke, '13 Jetta TDI 6mt
Not selling, looking for help. My neighbor has a super clean one for sale for $2,800. Know the family and they are super honest. They do not know if the BSM has been done, do not know if TB has been done. Car is very straight and clean with nearly new tires. This sounds like a good price to me, what do y'all think?

deep_sea

TDI
'06 Jetta TDI 5spd, 1997 F350 Power Stroke, '13 Jetta TDI 6mt
It has just under 100k on it, I know that these have issues with the auto trans that is why I was wondering about pricing.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
better find out about the trans.!!!over or around 150,000miles ,its ready to lie down.

That is not true. :rolleyes:

If it was, I'd be replacing transmissions in them every day.

Lots of them get replaced just because they need a torque converter, which is dumb.

ZF says to flush the ATF every 100k km, lots of times that never happens.

I have three, one at 190k miles, one at 220k miles, one at 235k miles. None of those have "laid down and died" yet.

A B5 TDI wagon for $2800 with under 100k miles on it is an awesome deal, but it will need some updates to be reliable long term. Fortunately, it is young enough (mileage wise) and cheap enough you can do that and end up with a very nice ~$28k car for a fraction of what the cheapest throwaway Mitsubishi Mirage would set you back. And it'll use less fuel to boot!

Last edited:

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Agreed that more information is helpful.
Color of interior and exterior?
Options? [sunroof, xenon lighting, etc?]
Condition of tires and brakes?
Maintenance records available? You say TB and BSM are maybes - any way to find out?

Thanks.