Malone Stage 2.0 tune on 2013 Passat TDI & BMK – Body Module Kit // HID light issue

NJ_VWPassat

TDI
2013 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium
Malone Stage 2.0 tune on 2013 Passat TDI & BMK – Body Module Kit // HID light issue

I got the Malone Stage 2.0 tune on my 2013 VW Passat TDI about 2 years ago down at Diesel Dubs in PA.

Anyway, I installed aftermarket HID lights on both low and high beams. I’ve been having this really annoying problem when I switch to high beam, it causes a voltage spike and the right high beam warning light pops up on the dash (and right high beam goes out). It is kind of intermittent. It’s driving me nuts. My mechanic said he needs to change a setting in the BMK – body module kit and reflash it.

Does anyone know if that will mess up my Malone tune settings? I know they did an ECU and DSG software upgrade/flash. But not sure if they messed with the body module kit.

I can’t reach anyone at Malone tuning or Diesel Dubs… sent several emails with no response… odd they both appear to be moving to a new location at the same time. Anyone know of a knowledgeable tuner in the NJ area that I could talk to?

Or if anyone had this type of problem on the HID lights, any solutions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

NJ_VWPassat

TDI
2013 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium
I did a little more reading on the forum regarding HID light issues.

Previous posts said to do the following in the BCM (body control module):

Disable the headlight bulb life extension function.

In the BCM Byte 19. Set the headlight dimming to inactive in bit 0-3 to HEX 00 in the drop down menu for maximum voltage allowed.

Does this cause any issues with the Malone Stage 2.0 tune which was done to the ECU and DSG software? .... Really annoying that no one at Malone Tuning will respond to my emails and there is no contact number for them in Canada :confused:

hardint

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 gl
Should not, two different modules, as long as it's not an update at Vw then your tune will most likely be gone.Vag /VCDs and have at it.