Good Diesel Mechanic

jtroyce

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI (sold)
bupido:

check my website:
http://www.vwreviews.com

There are quite a few with good ratings in MA. If anyone has others to add, please email them along and I'll include them on the site.

Happy driving!
-Jon

Mass. Wine Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
5-speed, 2015 Golf S 6-speed manual; 2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL 6-speed manual
Whatever you do, do not go to Minuteman VW in Bedford. I've read nothing but horror stories about the mechanical work they do there.

How far are you from the Chicago area?

bupido

Thank you for your advice. I will check out your site. I have been taking it to North Shore VW in Beverly but am wondering if that is the best course of action.

Thank you again.

jtroyce

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI (sold)
Not that I am a big fan of taking cars to dealerships, but I'm a little surprised by all of the bad press regarding Minuteman. I don't know if they've changed management in the last few years, but I've worked in Bedford since 1999 and I've had both of our VWs there a couple of times. Every time the service has been very good. The most recent repair was a faulty rear windshield on my 2001 TDI which was replaced under warranty. They subbed out the work (to Executive Glass), but I was very pleased with the quality of the work--you really would never know that it is a replacement piece of glass. The service manager even called me a couple of days afterwards to ask if I was satisfied with their work.

Also, I find that for parts they have better prices, even after the sales tax, than Tulley VW in Nashua. (That is, of course, for parts that I have to buy at a dealership. Everything is relative, right?)