Banjo Bolt, #3 Injector

dieselsparky

TDI
2001 Shadow Blue TDI Jetta
on my 2001 TDI Jetta both fuel lines coming from the #3 injector were wet with diesel, so I thought the banjo bolt was lose. I turned it with no force at all and the head feel off. Does anyone know where to buy these? I've been looking online i.e idparts, etc and haven't found anything. Here is a picture of the bolt in question.

icecap

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI 5Spd Black Anthracite Pkg 1
on my 2001 TDI Jetta both fuel lines coming from the #3 injector were wet with diesel, so I thought the banjo bolt was lose. I turned it with no force at all and the head feel off. Does anyone know where to buy these? I've been looking online i.e idparts, etc and haven't found anything. Here is a picture of the bolt in question.
A VW dealer is your best bet other than a local fuel injection supply shop. If the head of the bolt takes a 10mm wrench they are probably the same size as those used in a Cummins "B" series engine. Go easy on the torque when you tighten them, best bet is to use new soft, not work hardened copper gaskets every time they are apart. They break easily, I do this for a living, ask me how I know.

Last edited:

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
I wouldn't hesitate to make one of those out of a standard bolt to get the car going. It's low pressure and flow.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Where in 'Ontario' are you? I have a few spares if you need one in the GTA area.

But as previously stated, its easy to make one with a drill bit and a file.

dieselsparky

TDI
2001 Shadow Blue TDI Jetta
Where in 'Ontario' are you? I have a few spares if you need one in the GTA area.

But as previously stated, its easy to make one with a drill bit and a file.
Thanks for the offer but I manged to get one from an old injector. I just wanted some spares just incase this ever happens again and didn't know if they could be bought seperately or if the whole #3 injector had to be bought to just get this bolt.