2010 Golf TDI OEM Spring Rates

cajunslim

TDI
Golf
Does anyone know the OEM spring rates for the 2010 Golf TDI (4dr.) spring rates?

I've already installed the 25mm Neuspeed rear sway and I'm looking to take out more of the body roll and front end dive and make the car feel like it's on rails. I won't be auto-crossing and I plan to take some long trips so I'm thinking that something like the KW V2 or V3 might be a little overkill.

Has anybody installed the HPA SHS coil-overs? They're manufactured by KW with HPA recommended specs. I've read great reviews from some of our VW brothers down-under. Great compromise between sport and comfort.

TDImania

TDI
2011 Golf TDI CR
If you need stiffer spring rates, go with GTI springs or Drivergear. Both linear rate spring so you wont loose the vw original driving feel/balance and very predictable and improved handling for the TDI. ''On rail'' feel refer to proper damping and stiff springs, oem shocks are usually not ok for this feel, upgrade to Bilstein shocks or Koni set at mid setting to 4 corners. Bilstein with OE stiffer springs like drivergear will give you a very nice firm feel without feeling big bumps discomfort progressive spring like H&R and Eibach gives.

Part number Drivergear
4 door, Manual, GTI or TDI = 5K4071677A
2 door Manual, 2.5, GTI, or TDI = 5K3071677A
2 door DSG, GTI or TDI = 5K3071677B

Going coilover for you use is pointless, plus more expensive, short warranty and difficult to adjust/pricey to adjust, need alignment all the time.. You already have the rear bar so you dont need hyper stiff rear spring to keep the rear suspension compliant to the road imperfections.

Just my recommendation, you save $$, you get better warranty( Bilstein/koni full life) and the performance you want for less money.

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDiCup, 02Q built Sept 2010
the factory suspension on my 2010 TdiCup is tight with out being harsh. I beleve it's the same as the GTI

ToeBall

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
More likely to be the same as the GLI. The front spring rates should be the same, but the GLI has slightly stiffer rear rates than the GTI does.

Purely from memory, so don't quote this as fact, I spoke with Eibach's R&D and was told their Jetta rates were linear 200 lb/in front, 225 lb/in in back.

TDImania

TDI
2011 Golf TDI CR
Factory TDI rates are:
Stock rate is about 170-180 Front and rear (based on Neuspeed answer)

Drivergear FOR TDI 2010+ ( axle gear load ONLY)
5K4071677A Manual 4 door TDI GOLF VI
Achslast Front VA, max. [kg]: 990
Achslast HA, max. [kg]: 880

Drivergear for GTI FSI 4 door manual (axle gear load only)
1K0071679A: Sport Springs Manual 4 door
Achslast Front VA, max. [kg]: 1040
Achslast HA, max. [kg]: 930

I have no idea on how this axle load compared to the spring rates, but I know the spring rates of the Gti are close to the GLI and above 200lb/in for Euro version. THe drivergear GTI fsi are closer to 250-280.

Neuspeed sport 55.10.97 offers a RACE spring rate @ 330 Front 340 REAR, but it's too low for many the 1'' advertised drop is more like 1.5'', AND it's a high spring rate for street WITHOUT Quality Bilstein or Koni shocks. It might fit your needs..depending on how low you want to go.

Neuspeed ''RACE'' and Bilstein has always been my favorite setup of ALL TIME on all vw platform, except on mkv where it was too low for the chassis, they redid their calculations for the Mkvi and now the car sits a little bit highter.

Last edited: