Opel TDI

TDItech

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI GLS Galactic Blue, 2000 Eurovan with ALH fromthe 02 Jetta
I have a '73 Manta that I am going to TDI. I think my biggest hurtle is going to be figuring out what transmission that will fit for a RWD application. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Troy

karlaudi

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 VW Golf GLS 1.9TDi; 2012 Volkswagen Golf 2.0 TDi
TDItech,

But why?

In any case, you may wish to search eBay Deutschland for ideas and parts and contact any German OPEL clubs, especially those that cater to Mantas.

TDItech

Veteran Member
TDI
Why? Because I really love to drive the car and at the moment it is being fixed from me rearending another car. Now would be the best time to put the TDI in. Also, getting some real good power to the ground would be great. And I don't think that it would change the balance of the car that much.

190evol1

TDI
TBD
I'd like to know, too. Is there a Getrag adapter available? Getrag's came on Opels, BMW, Mercedes - the possibilities!

TDItech

Veteran Member
TDI
That's right!! I forgot about that, there is a five speed that is available.

catmandoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta gls tdi,91 2dr jetta gl n/a diesel
i used to have an opel gt,and have had thoughts somewhat along those same lines,only problem i see in the thinking process is that the tdi,tilts to the back,so in a rear wheel drive car it would tilt to the pass side,and on the gt this is not good,as they don't have much room,now the manta,it might just work.