used 2015 Golf TDI prices (Highline)

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI
Happened into the local VW dealer while killing time when my daughter was at treadmill skating this afternoon.... I went into check the deal on the sales of Used TDI's I'd seen on kijiji

They had a "CPO" 2015 Golf TDI Highline (6 speed stick) with 86K km for $25,000....

Seemed a bit high to me... The salesguy said that it was a $40K vehicle when new... Is that the out the door price?

The car was really nice, and it definitely peaked my interest.....

The only info I can find is from this page
http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/research/volkswagen/golf/2015/?trim=5dr+HB+Man+2.0+TDI+Highline

says under specs that the MRSP was $30,995 when new...

Anyone share any insight?

Still driving the 2006 Jetta TDI... needs to get the passenger side strut mount replaced - (just did the driverside a couple weeks ago)

Victor Huge

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 Golf TDI
Keep in mind how complicated the new diesels are and the fact that they will be changing ALL of your DPFs at some point as the current ones do not last as long at the temperature they run at. My father in law has a 2015 TDI golf that i tried to talk him out of and honestly I find the dsg annoying and the engine lacking in power compared to my stage 2 Alh. I know we're taking about a manual here but still.

Also, 25,000 for a TDI with 86,000km? Not worth it, you could get yourself a brand new golf comfortline for a little more with the fantastic 1.8T and you get a much nicer car overall. The thing warms up in 5 minutes in winter. you can even have adaptive cruise/ Lane assist in the 2018 golf. Or get the Jetta with the 1.4t, great little engine that Comes close to diesel fuel efficiency.

My point is, as much as i love diesels, they're not worth it anymore. My father in law's previous tdi had around 270,000km and it needed the dpfs replaced...

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
To be fair, 270000km and needing a dpf replacement isn't all that bad... Now when it comes to used 2015 tdis, the prices are astronomically high for given km's... That said, there are quite a few reasons why that's the case. Unless you want a diesel because it's a diesel, go buy a brand new or almost new gasser like Victor said. I love diesels and as much as this pains me to say, they're not worth it anymore... Only reason I'd buy is because I like the sound and the low end torque, but my 05 civic isn't costing me that much more in gas a year then my old 03 golf TDI did, and a 1.4t or 1.8t won't cost me much more either then the tdi

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI
I've decided not to pursue a newer vehicle at this time.

Going to fix a couple nagging things on my 06 jetta tdi and keep driving it.

Will redo the front passenger strut mount, re plug the egr, and a quick exhaust clamp... Radiator fan also needs attention...

Peter