Door Hinges Purchase

Berk

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI ALH @200K
Hi
the lower hinge on the driver side door has to be replaced. The door is not aligning properly and hitting the rear door.
Where can I purchase new lower front door hinge for my driver side door?
i don't want to try used ones.
is the dealer my only option?

Thanks

Berk

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the suggestion. As i mentioned in my post i dont want to deal the possibility of not being good fit with used ones. I would be happy to pay extra $30-40 for brand new one.

TonyG

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf Wagon DSG
I would be happy to pay extra $30-40 for brand new one.
I went through the same thought process when my hinge gave up the ghost. VW wanted $130 + for a lower hinge. You can pick up a used one for much less then that. I think I paid $10.

Berk

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the replies. I tried boraparts.com, idparts.com, kermatdi.com
no luck
honestly instead of having a used one installed and possibility of dealing w it again in the near future it kinda puts me off. it is the drivers door. so i wanna make sure it will be there for couple years w/o problem
dealer here i come :(

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Or if someone on here knows of a VW dealer that would give you a 'trade price' try that. I think there was a guy on here from Bramgate VW that was giving TDI members a discount on parts at Bramgate VW

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Why is it hitting the rear door? is your lower hinge sloppy/worn out? If you grab the door and lift, is there a lot of play? If not, it may just need an adjustment.

Honestly, these hinges do not wear out that often. There are plenty of 1/2 million KM cars on the road with the original hinges. Get a used one and make sure you lube it a few times a year and you should not have to replace it again.

Berk

Veteran Member
TDI
Why is it hitting the rear door? is your lower hinge sloppy/worn out? If you grab the door and lift, is there a lot of play? If not, it may just need an adjustment.

Honestly, these hinges do not wear out that often. There are plenty of 1/2 million KM cars on the road with the original hinges. Get a used one and make sure you lube it a few times a year and you should not have to replace it again.
Yes, if i lift the door it moves roughly 0.5cm up and lines up w the back door as it should.
yeah i need a new hinge...
will call Brandon

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
I can get the upper front or rear new, 30 plus tax each.Genuine vw part
Hey guys, sorry for bringing this back from the dead. I need a new lower hinge for drivers door. Lots of play on the pin. Can Brandon still get these? Does anyone else know of a supplier besides dealer?

Thanks

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
If there is a play in the bottom hinge then there is play in the top one too. If you only replace the bottom one, it will remove most of the play but not all. I did this to my '00 years ago and lived with the little bit of play. I got a good used one from the local wreckers. Considering how old you car is and how long the original one lasted, a good used one will probably outlive the car.