New Golf TDI

Tate

TDI
2002 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
Hey folks. New TDI guy here. This site was a great source for research before I bought my Golf two weeks ago. 5-speed, 4-door, Golf GLS TDI, indigo blue with beige.

I haven't taken any pics- the car is stock except for the splashguards I installed last week. It's my first diesel, and it's a great car to drive. (My last VW was an '84 Rabbit that I drove from 1996 to 1999).

Still looking around for the best fuel source; Hess and Gulf seem to be the contenders in my area, and I have only found one station with a cetane rating- a Hess rated 42.

So I'll see you all on the road...

Tate

TurnpikeMan

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Indigo Blue
Tate, post your email or email me back. I think I know where you live. Where did you buy your car?? I live up in N. Elizabeth by the airport!

So I guess I'll see you around!! Ask me anything. We both pretty much have the same car!! I got pics of it already posted so.... Get back to me!!!

Tate

TDI
TurnpikeMan,

I sent two emails to that hotmail address; did you receive either?

Anyway, I'm in the Elmora section of Elizabeth. We have the same Golf as you except for the luxury package. I like the Avus wheels, but I thought the extra inch or two of headroom in the cabin without the moonroof was nice. We've had the car three weeks as of today- very pleased with it. We have had a few weekend trips and already got up to 1700 miles.

I commute around NJ a lot; from Elizabeth to Pompton Plains and New Brunswick for work. It is disappointing to find such a lack of Premium Diesel in this area. Seems very hard to find anything over 42 cetane. Although I did drive by a Gulf labeled with DieselSelect up on Route 46. Anyone know the specs on that fuel?

I am doing a bit of research on where to get fuel for our trip to NC; we'll be going out through Pennsylvania (see family) on I-78 and I-81, south through VA, picking up I-95 around Fredericksburg. Off I-95 at I-40 to head to the beach. I thought about looking for some biodiesel or a mix along the way. At least hope to find some premium diesel convenient to our route.

OK, nice to find another Elizabeth TDI guy in town. See ya'll around...

Tate

Tate

TDI
Oh, got our TDI at Douglas VW in Summit. Shopped around a lot. Hopefully their service department is reputable as well.

I also put my email on the member info page if you want to email me.

Later-

Tate

TDI
TurnpikeMan,

Well I have no clue why I can't send you an email. I've sent three now, and they don't come back undelivered. The wierd thing is that I did get yours- and replied to it this morning! Same hotmail address you had posted.

Perhaps they got filtered out or something? I have no idea. But I have tried....

Tate

TurnpikeMan

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Indigo Blue
TATE, I sent you an e-mail. It is all my fault!! I was blocking all yahoo.com e-mails!! Please resend those emails!! thanks, it should work now!!
Carlos

Tate

TDI
Carlos-

I've received both of your emails and replied to them. I have sent you email from my yahoo webmail and my earthlink account. 5 different messages. I guess you are not receiving them? I have never got an "undeliverable" message.

Something strange must be going on with hotmail.... what a pain....

see you around... have a good trip to europe...

Tate

Tate

TDI
Carlos-

Just sent another test email. 8:12pm our time. Sent from both earthlink and yahoo... any luck? No idea what the problem is with the email thing.

We are off on vacation tomorrow, so it will be a little while before I am back online. Take care,

Tate