2004 BEW valve cover gasket - replaceable?

wbrproductions

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Sedan
Howdy -- long time fan, first post :)

Can anyone confirm that the VCG on a 2004 Jetta BEW engine is replaceable? I'm assuming yes, as I have the part in hand, but wanted to double-check before pulling the cover off.

Also, I recall reading that a fuel gasket of some sort should be replaced at the same time, but having trouble finding that thread.

Thanks in advance, and apologies if both topics have been covered ad nauseum previously.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Permanent gasket.

The tandem pump gasket does not need to be replaced.

wbrproductions

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Sedan
Jason -- that's my question. Some believe this is a permanent gasket, others don't. This is a BEW engine (late 2004).

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yes, you can get a replacement gasket. Just have to order it for the BRM engine. For some reason it is not listed for the BEW.

The part number you need is 03G-103-483-D. That gasket works for the BEW, BHW, and BRM perfectly fine.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
We list two different products for the BEW and BRM valve covers. The BRM gasket is 03G103483D, and the BEW gasket is 038103483D. Also, not all BEWs have replaceable gaskets: The illustration below may help.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
SEE!!!

I have YET to see a replaceable BEW VC gasket.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I replace them all the time :confused: Well, not all the time, as I usually am able to just clean them up and reuse them, but I know I've done quite a few without any issues. BHWs, too.

Last edited:

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
AGAIN Emergency need to place order in hours!!!!!!!!!!

I am having the injectors done on my 2004 BEW Jetta Sedan and the dealer says the gasket is built into the valve cover and can not be ordered seperate. Others say there are two different kinds and only way to know is to take the valve cover off.

I am having this done on Fri and need to order ASAP.

Please help

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Did you click on the explanation on how to identify whether or not your gasket is replaceable? If you still have questions call or write us with your VIN and we'll check.

cobra390t

Veteran Member
TDI
06 VW Jetta BRM 5SPD ,2005 Passat TDI Wagon( SOLD ), 05 Mk4 Golf BEW , 04 MK4 Golf BEW , MPG Who cares It's a Diesel
Did you click on the explanation on how to identify whether or not your gasket is replaceable? If you still have questions call or write us with your VIN and we'll check.

Yes and i pulled my Valve cover and confirmed that what i have looks exactly like the Pic in (2a)

Therefore i am sure your part listed below should work .

OEM Part Number: 038103483D
Manufacturer Number: 71-35884-00