BV43 turbo

ERE

TDI
2012 Jetta SportWagen
As I understand it, the 09 TDIs have a BV-43 turbo. I'm concerned because I've read a number of posts about the dangers of lugging engines and the effects on the VNT. I'm unsure of the terminology. The BV-43 is a VGT (variable geometry) turbo. Is that the same thing as a VNT.

Is the lugging issue the same for the O9s or are we going to have to wait until people start having problems to know?

My main concern is the DSG on my JSW, when in "D," shifts at lower RPM than I would like (and I can feel the engine lugging a little). Of course if you want the milage you have to have it in "D" vice "S."

I plan on getting a VAGCOM eventually - just waiting for them to get the software up to snuff for the 09s. Is there a way with the VAGCOM to change the shifting point of a DSG?

CMB430

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
I am new to VWs, but the variable geometry turbos are pretty reliable. Internation has two turbos on the 6.4L, and I have great power through the RPM band. During my test drive of the TDI last week, I was looking for turbo lag spots and did not find any. Mind you it is a manual, but RPMs are RPMs. I would suspect that if it took them over 2 years to get this right, they should not have overlooked anything. Just my hope/optimism since I increased my payments and traded in a 2008 Frontier NISMO with 4K miles on it for this TDI....