WTB: 2010 JETTA TDI CUP EDITION / Black with 6 Speed Manual Transmission

feenixvalley

TDI
Hey all.

Just getting word out there that I am looking for a 2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition in the color black with a manual transmission. Looking for the real deal, no aftermarket mods besides what was done stock from the factory. Proper upkeep with all paperwork is a must and I am specifically out for the black with 6 speed manual transmission with all the fixings including the bodykit.

Appreciate the help and if anyone has any leads, knows someone, see's one for sale or is selling one themselves - by all means PM me and let me know.

Thanks everyone!
- G

Last edited:

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
i wish you the best of luck finding one - they are tough to locate in any colour. They pop up on eBay once in a while.

feenixvalley

TDI
Ah yeah, forgot about ebay. Will have to check there sometimes as well as through places like auto trader, vw usa, lemonfree, craigslist, youtube and here of course. Haha. Search everything? Yes. Makes it more difficult when I have to go grey market styles to get one, sucks they never were released here in Canada. Anywho, appreciate the well wishes and luck - definitely need it Yatzee ;)

i wish you the best of luck finding one - they are tough to locate in any colour. They pop up on eBay once in a while.

Last edited:

Stuart Little

Veteran Member
TDI
10' Jetta TDi Cup Edition - 6M, 02' TDI Beetle - 5M
I'll keep my eyes open for ya, as I'm still in the honeymoon phase of my Cup, I'm still looking around at different parts and tweaks so I can also do a few searches every now and then.

feenixvalley

TDI
Thanks Stu. Believe I found around 13 Cup's for sale in the states right now. Started the search over the weekend, so far no blacks in the manual. Contacted a good amount of VW dealers, some are keeping an eye out as well. It's appreciated to have the support and extra sets of eyes everyone. Means a lot! It's gotta have that body kit too! lol - Sick ride either way though, Hutch.

I'll keep my eyes open for ya, as I'm still in the honeymoon phase of my Cup, I'm still looking around at different parts and tweaks so I can also do a few searches every now and then.

feenixvalley

TDI
I see you have a skid plate with yours there Hutch. > Pretty sure I'd be lenient about certain "mods" especially when I see someone's put on a skid plate. Would come in handy here over the winter! Might have to pick one up, eventually. ;)

mine didnt come with the body kit :(

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDiCup, 02Q built Sept 2010
this "hutch" took out the bunny right after I put it on.... a rabbit ran in front of me (we'll call him thumper, because he went thump, thump under the car) when I stopped the drivers fog grill and center grill were popped out, but still there, unbroken. just some bunny blood and fur :)

how much does what go for?

feenixvalley

TDI
Heh. What's the cost of one of those skids and put on when it's all said and done?

this "hutch" took out the bunny right after I put it on.... a rabbit ran in front of me (we'll call him thumper, because he went thump, thump under the car) when I stopped the drivers fog grill and center grill were popped out, but still there, unbroken. just some bunny blood and fur :)

how much does what go for?

feenixvalley

TDI
Right on, Hutch. I'll look into that specific part and let you know when I'm gonna be going down that route. Winter tires: Yeah, I was going to look into it on tirerack.com and find out more not only about the current tires on the Cup but options for what I'd get for winter sleds. What you have for winters?

got it from Aaron at Bora Parts, $272 and an easy 1 hour on ramps by me
http://shopping.boraparts.com/index.php?cPath=21_28_133_134
very well regarded vendor on this forum. Also recomend the ClearBra for wintery weather. you'll also need some winter tires, the 225R40-18 sleds won't do well

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDiCup, 02Q built Sept 2010
the 225/40R18 has a section width of 9.1" and 25.2" rolling diameter, the spare is 205/55R16 with a section width of section width of 8.2" and 25.7" diameter. Narrower is better in snow, but 16" wheel will fit over the GLI brakes. I use a chevy silvereado 4x4 p/u for my winter tires, although we dont get snow very often around the Portland Oregon area

Stuart Little

Veteran Member
TDI
the 225/40R18 has a section width of 9.1" and 25.2" rolling diameter, the spare is 205/55R16 with a section width of section width of 8.2" and 25.7" diameter. Narrower is better in snow, but 16" wheel will fit over the GLI brakes. I use a chevy silvereado 4x4 p/u for my winter tires, although we dont get snow very often around the Portland Oregon area
Is it safe/ok to drive the (3) 18" wheels+tires with the 16" spare (full-sized I noticed)

My other option is buy a 5th charleston rim or more likely an 18" steely and put the spare dunlop thin profile I have (I bought the car and noticed a bubble from the previous owner (I'm guessing big pothole + thin & short walled tire)) so the dealer replaced two of the tires for me for a matching set.

I'm guessing the 18 + thin profile would fit in the boot just fine as it seemed rather large to me when I opened it up the first time?

Stuart Little

Veteran Member
TDI
Found this one..... but its sold :(
http://appleton.backpage.com/AutosForSale/2010-volkswagen-jetta-tdi-cup-edition-4768p/4002045
Are they asking more for these used than when they were new?
Could be, but depending on the DSG(more expensive) or manual, and the options, SatNav, MoonRoof, Spoiler, Floor/Boot mats, and anything else I'm forgetting + delivery charge I think you could get one of these up to like 34,500 and if you include all the nice taxes + an extended warranty I'd imagine some could get up to 38,000 but I'm just ballparking.

feenixvalley

TDI
DANG IT! lol. Did you call or email to find out? Sometimes they are "sold" but then the financing end of things fall through. Maybe I'll shoot them a call tomorrow and make sure 100%, leave my info with them in case. - Thanks for finding this tho Brett. :) - I know that any used VW with a CPO Warranty tacks on the moola. Averaged out the prices for 12 of these being sold from dealers, turned out to around 28500 asking price or so. Mind you there's a blue one in Ohio going for around 32 grand... Some dealers are selling for less than 27g tho. Seen a private sale going for around 24000 and that wasn't firm.

http://appleton.backpage.com/AutosForSale/2010-volkswagen-jetta-tdi-cup-edition-4768p/4002045

Last edited:

Stuart Little

Veteran Member
TDI
DANG IT! lol. Did you call or email to find out? Sometimes they are "sold" but then the financing end of things fall through. Maybe I'll shoot them a call tomorrow and make sure 100%, leave my info with them in case. - Thanks for finding this tho Brett. :) - I know that any used VW with a CPO Warranty tacks on the moola. Averaged out the prices for 12 of these being sold from dealers, turned out to around 28500 asking price or so. Mind you there's a blue one in Ohio going for around 32 grand... Some dealers are selling for less than 27g tho. Seen a private sale going for around 24000 and that wasn't firm.
Definitely see how low you can get them, I got mine with every option for 26000 (26500 really but they gave me 500 more for my trade-in), some people said price that was just good not great, for me though the time and money it would have taken to get the blue car I wanted with a manual + every option - the spoiler would have been hard if not impossible and to me the peace of mind of knowing I got exactly what I wanted with the extended warranty is worth the 500-1500 I could have saved by waiting.

feenixvalley

TDI
Yeah, I'm looking for the 6 Speed Manual Transmission. Nothing available...YET. :) Unfortunately for me those 4 rides found by Hutch are indeed the Auto/DSG.

When did you pick ur ride up Stu, must have been just recently! I'm just figuring things out about the pricing but from how I see it you got a nice deal there. Never know when the next one will come up with the options you need, let alone the certified warranty from the dealer at THAT price. Sounds like you pulled the trigger at the right time. ;)
Those are all DSG, if I'm not mistaken he wants the 6M
here's 4 black on black just on the first page of autotrader search, 1, 2, 3, 4

Last edited:

Stuart Little

Veteran Member
TDI
I got mine a little less than a month ago, I've put 2k miles on it already! Of course I plan on going to the July GTG in michigan during a road trip vacation loop, so I'll probably put 3-4K on it in July alone.

You will not be sorry when you pick one of these up, I had a good wait for the exact one I wanted as well, then one day I just got lucky, guy traded in two cars and it wasn't on the showroom floor long before I got to it.

feenixvalley

TDI
Right on! Musta been awesome to finally find one man. Link up some pics of your ride if you got em on the web there or on here. Hopefully I'm not too far off either finding mine. Gotta find er! Maybe one will show up before this meet in July, I'll have to inquire about attending.

I got mine a little less than a month ago, I've put 2k miles on it already! Of course I plan on going to the July GTG in michigan during a road trip vacation loop, so I'll probably put 3-4K on it in July alone.

You will not be sorry when you pick one of these up, I had a good wait for the exact one I wanted as well, then one day I just got lucky, guy traded in two cars and it wasn't on the showroom floor long before I got to it.

feenixvalley

TDI
Hey guys. Just an update on my search. Nothing found yet. So far the only manual/black I've seen for sale with everything I'm looking for in the Cup Edition was in fact sold. :( I contacted them today to confirm it, Brett. Appreciate the effort so far, everyone. I'll keep you posted, please do the same! Greatly appreciated!!!

Namakan

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 2011 JSW (gone), 2004 Jetta (gone)
I know it's not the color you want but there is a candy white one with manual trans for sale in the Minneapolis area I saw yesterday. I'm sure I can find a local listing if interested.

feenixvalley

TDI
Yeah, good amount of white manuals I see for sale too. That could well be the one this VW dealer over here in Canada (Windsor) near boarder was offering to get for me. Real firm on the combination of: black w/ manual with all the fixings including the bodykit. Going to wait it out. Appreciate the extra set of eyes, Namakan!

I'm curious and may have to ask a few people specifically, but is there paperwork for this ride that tells you which # you have out of the 2500 that were manufactured?

I know it's not the color you want but there is a candy white one with manual trans for sale in the Minneapolis area I saw yesterday. I'm sure I can find a local listing if interested.

Stuart Little

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah, good amount of white manuals I see for sale too. That could well be the one this VW dealer over here in Canada (Windsor) near boarder was offering to get for me. Real firm on the combination of: black w/ manual with all the fixings including the bodykit. Going to wait it out. Appreciate the extra set of eyes, Namakan!
I'm curious and may have to ask a few people specifically, but is there paperwork for this ride that tells you which # you have out of the 2500 that were manufactured?
Not that I've seen, maybe a VIN decipher would tell us?