2006 Jetta AC problems

Othin

TDI
2006 Jetta
I have read a lot on here and can’t seem to find a solution. My AC will not come on I only have 8 volts to the compressor I assume it should be 12? My fans seem to work. When I bought the car the AC wasn’t working due to previous owner cutting out the outside air temp sensor. I bought a VAG and it tells me “00898 control circuit AC coppressor speed difference too great”. I replaced the compressor a couple years ago shortly after I got the car. Any suggestions?

Othin

TDI
2006 Jetta
With the RCV unplugged I get a fault of “control circuit AC compressor.”
What voltage should be at the RCV?
The fans do come on so it has to be building some pressure I would think. After plugging it back in and waiting a while It’s back to “control circuit AC compressor speed difference too great”

sptsailing

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta Manual, stock with Panzer Plate & Franko6 modified EGR cooler & CAM
If you do a physical inspection of the A/C pulley, is the center shaft rotating? There are some protective straps on the pulley that can break to keep a compressor failure from causing further harm to other parts of the engine.

Othin

TDI
2006 Jetta
Thanks for the suggestion Sptsailing! It seems like you have found my problem the shaft on the compressor is not turning.