My 11' Golf progress pics

JZoidberg

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf
Thought I'd share some pics of the progress I've made so far. The car only has 1500 miles so I'm still looking into things that I want to do.
So far-
Diesel geek skid plate & sigma6
Koni coils
Raderwerks lw10's

JZoidberg

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf
Raderwerks is the distributor. They come in black or bronze. I didn't know if I'd like the color, but it's growing on me. They're 18x7.5 which is perfect since I didn't want to change the contact area by going to 18's. The rolling specs are exactly the same as my stock 17's, but are lighter.

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
Was thinking Borbet, but this really gives me another option. Wish I could find a pix on salsa red. Have to get my wife to Photoshop them on for me. No issues with company?

JZoidberg

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf
I ordered them on a Sunday and had them in my garage on Thursday. I ordered over the Internet so I never really dealt with anyone. Fast shipping so that's all I really know about them.

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
Cool. Heading up your way in a few weeks on a MOA road trip. Wife asked and I agreed as long as I could drive. What's regular diesel vs bio blend situation? Only bio? What %

JZoidberg

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf
I haven't really looked into it. I've only put 2 tanks in and only from the holiday by my house. I looked at the list on one of the threads in here for recommended stations. I'm still trying to absorb as much as I can. I'll have to talk to the mgr and find out.

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
I checked. You're B5 until next May and then slated B10. We have both regular diesel and B11, but getting harder to find straight diesel due to tax incentives. You have a state law driving your change. Read about DPF impact, some interesting threads. I'm not going to worry too much over time, but watching topic to stay informed of potential vw actions.

JZoidberg

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf
Thanks for the info. I read a lot of info and now I see why you were wondering. I'll keep my eye on it, but I'm not going to drive myself crazy. I'd rather just enjoy the car.

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
Yah. If I can I try to mix to B2 or so. I have a few stations right next to each other, so not a biggie. I suspect over time I won't have a choice. They'll move most stations around here to B20 in a little over a year. I too will just keep having fun. Take care.

ThatsWhatSheSaid

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf- on the truck-2010 Jetta-Sold
best Golf I've seen so far on this site.. love that you had the balls to do bronze wheels, and they turned out great..Would you mind posting a link to the site where you purchased those wheels?

Subscribed!

JZoidberg

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf
Thanks. I do like bronze wheels, but these were kinda accidental. Only colors available were these and black. I didn't want to do black on black. My biggest concern was keeping the contact area and rolling specs the same as the stock 17's. These measure out identically with a 225/40/18 tire size yet weigh less than the stock set up.

http://www.raderwerks.com/

JZoidberg

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf
Update

I put on my new rear set up last night. I won't be able to get the exhaust done till after the holiday, so I just cut out the resonator. For those interested there is no real sound difference at all. I just clamped on a 90 degree pipe and shot it straight down. I will of course have more pics of the set up when I get the exhaust done.

JZoidberg

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf
Got a few more things taken care of today. Smoked side markers on. First stage of the R style exhaust done. I need to get tips still and then some minor adjustments.

JZoidberg

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf
It's the whole rear conversion. I like the smooth corners by getting rid of reflectors in the cover itself. The kit was $1100 from ecs.

JZoidberg

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf
So i settled on a 4" magnaflow tip and had them welded on. I'm not 100% sure I'm going to keep them since I never really wanted a polished look. I'm still kinda looking into other options.

nikhsub1

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf R
That looks really bad. You need to raise the tips up into the cut outs and you need to shorten them so they only poke out like 1 inch at most. The way it sits now it looks like a hack job.

JZoidberg

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf
Relax guys as I stated earlier it's more of a filler till I decide my final plan. Fyi they hang out 1.75" past the bumper cover. I think I'm going to have to modify the rear floor slightyly unless I want to rebend the pipes. And I'm not going to cut off the pipes until I'm sure of the needed length. There isn't enough clearance to run straight out. I don't want it rattling against the floorpan. I really want to do a more diesel looking pipe (non polished more industrial looking). Maybe a 4.5" rough cut out both openings. I need to find an exhaust guy that can fab up what I want or rethink the final outcome.

scottisha

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf TDI 4dr
Yep, car looks good! It;s not the look I would seek out, but I really admire the Subaru's that have that same look.
Wheeldude sells a crap load of wheels to the Subie guys, BMW guys and Lexus guys. Most of the Subie guys go with the Rotas, which look a lot like your wheel.
Here's their link:
http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=352_358_371_373

They have a facebook page as well.

I purchased my Linea Corse LC818's in 19x10 rears and 19x8.5 fronts from them, for my Genesis Sedan.

and I agree with everyone on the exhaust.....I was excited at the end of page 1 to see you went with the Golf R rear valance, but bummed when I saw the exhaust sticking out the back. I know you said it's a work in progress, so I'm eagerly awaiting the final product.

Here's a pic of a black Subie with 18x9.5 Rotas:

JZoidberg

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf
Yikes, those tips desperately need tucked in.
I already knew what the response would be.;)

I'll probably have decided what I'm gonna go with by next weekend. I've got a couple of options I'm looking into now. It's my build thread so i'm posting up what I've been doing. Maybe I should have typed in bold letter "placeholders for the time being". You guys are way too serious it's good humor for a few weeks having them like this on a diesel.