www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted

Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted VW TDI/Diesel related items for wanted and for sale by private individuals. Group Buys and commercial posts should be in the "Vendor & GroupBuy" section.

Old April 11th, 2020, 11:43   #1
Powder Hound
Veteran Member

Default ALH items for sale, in NH, deliverable

I have an ALH engine, long block, on a pallet ready for delivery. It was represented as having 92k miles. However, since it had a new clutch and a leaky injection pump, I figure it is probably more like 192k miles.

Nevertheless, it was running when the donor car was crunched.

The engine, as is, has the harmonic balancer, most of the peripheral bolts that screw into the block, the cam pulley, rear timing belt cover (that plastic one), the lower timing belt covers (the metal ones), the injectors, and injector hold down clamps. The crank sensor is also there, with most of the timing belt stuff like the aforementioned cam pulley, the tensioner, the water pump, large roller, but not the injection pump nor the pump pulley. It has the complete head: head, injectors and clamps, glowplugs.

The injection pump was leaky so the block is covered with oily dirt. I didn't have time to clean it off as I had to get out of the shop ASAP.

These items are not included since it is a long block:
flywheel, injection pump, accessory bracket, nor anything bolted to the accessory bracket, oil filter housing, oil cooler, hard coolant pipe, thermostat cover, coolant temp sensor housing, intake manifold, exhaust manifold (that includes the turbocharger, obviously).

It's on a pallet and ready to ship. If you need it right the heck now, since I don't seem to have a lot else on my plate (except for critical home projects - but I'll make an exception for a paying client), I'll deliver it for the cost of gas and a few meals, depending on the distance. (That means shipping would probably be cheaper to California, maybe faster as well.)

The best way to ship this thing is to arrange to pick it up at a local freight depot, and I can get it moving in your direction as soon as practical.

$400. Long block.

There's other things for sale as well. Photos will follow as I get things cleaned up. Most all of them are too ugly right now.

Valeo clutch, SMF model. This one is so nearly like new, it can't have but a few thousand miles on it and I'll bet the crashed car's owner was extremely displeased. Comes with pressure plate bolts to hold the friction disk and pressure plate together with the single mass flywheel, but you'll need all new ones to go with the new flywheel bolts you'll need. $200.

Oil filter housing with cap and oil cooler attached. $50. Yeah, nobody ever needs these, but maybe someone will want one. Otherwise it will probably be recycled by the end of May.

Power steering pump. $268 for one of these and the pulley, and that doesn't include the mounting bolts. I'll supply both as well as the bolts, and I'll only ask for $150. Of course, mine is used, but you all know how long these last.

Accessory bracket. Don't know how to price this except that VW probably wants 1/2 its weight in gold, even tough it is aluminum. So, since nobody breaks these, $50.

Transmission mount. $50.

Golf club. You know, the counter weighted shifter part on top of the transmission. I'll have to get more info as I have more than one and probably at least 1 newer version as well as one with spherical ends. $25.

Alternator. It is in good shape, Bosch, pulley is fine. It tests out at 14.74 volts and the 'off voltage' is 13.99 volts. It should be adequate. $200.

New Beetle seats. These came out of my wife's 2003 NB. She complained about a slight seat bottom cushion tilt to the left in the driver's seat (which I couldn't detect). There is a wear problem on the left side bolster of that same seat. (You'll see it if you expand the photo.)

These are good for any 2 door, a trucklet conversion, or if you just want to surprise people in the back of your 4 door. Come get them, gratis. (Delivery is not included for a freebie like this. Duh!) Hurry before she changes her mind and has me do some kind of exchange of parts with the replacement seats.

As I said, delivery is available if it is not quite practical for you to come get stuff. If you live close, it's all easy. All prices do not include shipping and are best reasonable offer. Please note I said offer. If you wish to insult me, then please consider that it may be sufficient to make me smash it with a hammer and recycle the pieces than feed a thief. On the other hand, if you ask nice and come and get it, then you may be surprised. And for things like the clutch or alternator, since I may be using them myself in the foreseeable future and they're nearly new, there's no reason to give them away nor smash them.

Thanks for looking and Cheers!

PH

Last edited by Powder Hound; May 23rd, 2020 at 07:52.
Powder Hound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2020, 11:43   #2
Powder Hound
Veteran Member

Reserved for more photos if needed.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 07:53   #3
Powder Hound
Veteran Member

To the top!
Old May 27th, 2020, 14:24   #4
Powder Hound
Veteran Member

The NB front seats I have will be available until Friday, 29 May 2020. That said, if you want them, or think you will need them soon, and can convince me, I'll hold them for you for up to 4 weeks. Maybe longer - depends on when the house sells.

Otherwise, on Friday I'll be making a video on what seat bolster air bags look like when they blow off and they'll end up in the dump on Saturday.

Cheers!

PH
Old May 30th, 2020, 13:07   #5
eddieleephd
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 38mix / 47@70-75

Maybe this guy will if he can afford it.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=507641
'02 1.8t Jetta Wagon Alh w/5spd swap, SB 21#SM DD, bew lift pump, 11mm IP, VNT17, Malone stage4 tune, 2.5"cat back st. pipe,Vr6 brakes, 2" lift, Panzer, Bilstein HD, Bosio DLC 1019's PD_fuel_delivery TDI Search Plug release tool Howto terminal release tools VW/Audi
eddieleephd is online now   Reply With Quote