Mk5 golf gttdi maf sensor

Jayjay1974

TDI
Mk5 golf gttdi
Hi everyone this is my first time on this site and I am really hoping someone can help.. I have no 12 volt feed to the maf sensor all fuses seem ok I have traced the wire from maf to under fuse box in engine bay the wire is ok but I am now stumped and don’t know what to do next has anyone got. Any suggestions and or a wiring diagram... soneone please help I am at my witts end... thanks

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
Are you basing "wire is OK" on just a visual check, or have you actually done a continuity test on it with an ohm-meter?

Jayjay1974

TDI
Mk5 golf gttdi
Yes the wire is definitely ok from maf to fuse box .... I don't know where it goes from the fuse box i am stumped any suggestions will be appreciated.... is it possible to put my own 12 volt feed to the maf or will that damage something else ? Thanks

Jayjay1974

TDI
Mk5 golf gttdi
Just wondering as I have an identical car can anyone tell me if I swap ecu over what else do I have to swap?? Am I right in thinking I need to swap the ecu, the clocks and ignition barrel with key or can I just swap the transponder in the key with clocks and ecu..?? Thanks

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
Sounds like a service manual with wiring schematics would help.

There's some sort of online thing where you can download those from the publisher section-by-section after paying for a day's access, but I don't know the URL. Was recently mentioned hereabouts, though, try searching for "bentley publishers".

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
I wouldn't think the ECU is bad, get those schematics. Check if your local lending library has the Bentley. Or find a complete stranger to send them to you. You can search for a used Bentley, hard to find a decent price.

Jayjay1974

TDI
Mk5 golf gttdi
Hi everyone it’s been a while since I been on hear but I just wanted to let anyone else know who may have had the same problem as myself self... welll after a complete nightmare it was the under bonnet fuse box at fault I put a second hand one on and boom she goes like a rocket... Hope this helps anyone with same problem and thanks to all the people who posted on hear....

Hamzz

TDI
1.9 MK5 Golf
Hi everyone it’s been a while since I been on hear but I just wanted to let anyone else know who may have had the same problem as myself self... welll after a complete nightmare it was the under bonnet fuse box at fault I put a second hand one on and boom she goes like a rocket... Hope this helps anyone with same problem and thanks to all the people who posted on hear....
Hi there, I know it's two years late but I'm going through a similar issue, did you have a fault code saying signal to low and when you say you changed the bonnet fuse box, do you mean a fuse or the whole box itself with all the fuses.