www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD)

VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) This is a general discussion about A4/MkIV Jetta (99.5-~2005), Golf(99.5-2006), and New Beetle(98-2006). Both VE and PD engines are covered here.

Old November 17th, 2019, 01:14   #1
afk

Default Really weird clutch problem.

Iíve got an interesting one for you guys. So it seems lately out of nowhere The catch point of my clutch is changing randomly. Like I think the best way to describe it is typically 1/4 of the way pushed inward is the release point but out of nowhere itíll be 3/4 and try to stall out. Then it will be fine again for a little while and itíll go right back to out of nowhere doing that. The brake resolver looks completely full. So I doubt itís leaking anywhere. It has made this car almost impossible to drive as thereís no way to tell when itís going to do it. I donít believe itís a slave cylinder issue because the pedal doesnít get stuck on the floor or anything. I have been doing a lot of reading the past couple days on this I have heard people say the master cylinder for the brake and the master cylinder for the clutch can both cause this because it traps pressure on the opposite end or something. I am just at a complete loss here and Iím hoping somebody has an answer for this. You can literally put the car in reverse let off the clutch a little bit reengage put it in neutral and keep doing the same thing and every now and then itíll act like you dumpped the clutch. Just a little further note though once you get it moving thereís no issue shifting in the different gears thereís no grinding or nothing like that and even while itís idling you can engage the clutch and put it in any gear that youíd like and it seems just fine No lurching ect. As always thanks for reading and for the responses. This is on an mk4 05 bew 5spd.
afk is offline   Reply With Quote