TDI swap

Peeler

TDI
2000 vw beetle ALH
Gentlemen , I'm a newbie to the forum & could use some help with my 2000 ALH TDI that I salvaged from my bug purchased new. Retired with 328K. Plan on a rebuild. Would like to convert e inj pump to a m-pump. Hans has a re-build with modifications for $600 but very concerned about neg comments out there. Giles in Ontario seems to be a great builder but $$$. Any suggestions for good TDI bone yards ? Also there is a part on the motor that looks like a little shock absorber near the front of the timing cover that has a fractured upper mount. What is this & is it important ? Engine is on a stand with plans to swap into a 98 Geo Tracker I picked up. Are there simplified wiring harnesses out there to adapt using my e-pump? I did salvaged the computer, gas pedal,ect.. & stock harness but damaged the inj harness . Your advice would be greatly appreciated :)

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Can't comment about the rest but the little shock absorber thingy is the accessory belt tensionor.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Check out the Conversion section; might find some good clues there.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
The bolt holes in the Accessory Bracket where the Serpentine Belt Tensioner is bolted on are easily damaged by over torqueing them ...

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Steer clear of Hans! Most everyone who has bought his parts regrets it... I'm one of the many unfortunate victims of his scams...

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6790 using Tapatalk

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Stay away from Hans and all his scamming fake accounts and names. He has hundreds of bs old accounts he will go under. He is a parasite and a scammer.

As for your swap
Grab everything related to the engine, including mounts and wiring and covers ect...

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Actually he's a guy with several parts stores who deals in junk, cheap replacement parts. If you see the name Rothenbacher anywhere on the page, please look elsewhere.