Kevlar clutch disk

Festa

Veteran Member
TDI
Vw t5 van
What are these like in the real world? are they any better over oe? do they take a bit to bed them in? I'm a bit worried that if they slip and glaze then it's no good and go in the bin. What's people thoughts

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
I have a south bend stage 3 endurance, clutch effort it easily doubled, but I like it. No chatter or slippage, even though my setup I'm only using half of its rated torque/hp. I was told by the vendor I purchased it from that it'll last a very very long time because of it being Kevlar and that I'm not pushing it so hard.

Festa

Veteran Member
TDI
Vw t5 van
I have a south bend stage 3 endurance, clutch effort it easily doubled, but I like it. No chatter or slippage, even though my setup I'm only using half of its rated torque/hp. I was told by the vendor I purchased it from that it'll last a very very long time because of it being Kevlar and that I'm not pushing it so hard.
Is that with a smf? and what torque are you putting through it? I'm trying to get an ide of how much bedding in I need to do with mine that's been fitted to my new rebuilt engine as it's slipping on max torque with less than 30km on it.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Yes SMF, and it's estimated 175ft lbs of torque, never had it on a dyno. Vnt 17, 1019 nozzles, 11mm pump, and stage 4 Malone tune. Most will say a stage 2 daily will be enough, but they were sold out of those at the time I built my car.