New comparison video on additives: lubricity, anti-gelling, and corrosion.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
https://youtu.be/n8gDN_6esfs

Highly recommend subscribing to Project Farm. He makes good videos and tries to keep his approaches as scientific as possible for entertainment.

Lubricity and scar rankings at 7:00 and anti-gel rankings at 9:03.

Hot Shot’s Secret and Stanadyne are the winners.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Because no one comes here! This forums is not what it used to be. Glad its posted here too

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Those videos may be entertaining, but most of his testing is severely lacking in the scientific rigor department. At least the wear scar test is somewhat applicable to fuel lubricity. It's completely useless when he uses it on motor oils.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
Those videos may be entertaining, but most of his testing is severely lacking in the scientific rigor department. At least the wear scar test is somewhat applicable to fuel lubricity. It's completely useless when he uses it on motor oils.
Oh, no doubt.

But it doesn’t take much scientific rigor to see how the products mixed with diesel react in a freezer or in a scar test. Which is the main point of my post.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I don't feel like picking apart his methodology and whatnot- just recognize that his videos are pure entertainment. No science there. And don't try to lubricate your lawnmower engine with honey, bananas, etc. :D