Rear Left Seat Puddle

shade

TDI
VW Jetta TDI 2005.5 115,000 miles
Hi
I noticed a puddle on the floor of the rear driver side of my VW Jetta TDI 2005. I assume it is from a leak from the rain but has anyone dealt with this before.?It's going to be a rainy week here in NYC...

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
70% chance sun roof drains are clogged
30% change the floor is rusted though.
get a schopvac or vacuum cleaner hose attachment and suck out what you can get out by jamming a long piece of wire with one end of it curled so its not sharp.
pull up the floor in the rear section and inspect for things like drain hole plugs missing or just strait up rotted metal cancer. looking under the car wont tell very much of the story as it will under the carpet.
hope its just the drains.

shade

TDI
70% chance sun roof drains are clogged
30% change the floor is rusted though.
get a schopvac or vacuum cleaner hose attachment and suck out what you can get out by jamming a long piece of wire with one end of it curled so its not sharp.
pull up the floor in the rear section and inspect for things like drain hole plugs missing or just strait up rotted metal cancer. looking under the car wont tell very much of the story as it will under the carpet.
hope its just the drains.
Hi
Thanks for the responses. I am not familiar with the sunroof drains. I will take a look today but any more info is helpful.
Thanks

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Read and search here. This has been covered and posted about many, many times. It shouldn't be that difficult to come up with the info you seek.

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
In the mean time you can lay a plastic garbage bag on top of the sunroof and hold them down with small magnets. It beats more water going in.

While you are at it, add to your profile which year/model of car you have. It helps the rest of us know how to help you better.

shade

TDI
In the mean time you can lay a plastic garbage bag on top of the sunroof and hold them down with small magnets. It beats more water going in.

While you are at it, add to your profile which year/model of car you have. It helps the rest of us know how to help you better.
That is a great idea,thank you. I was able to "snake" the sun roof drains with weed whacker line and I think it worked well. It took a few hours to soak up the water with a towel and then dry the carpeting with a heat gun.
I will wait for the next rain storm to see where I stand.

Thanks everyone for the help.