Anyone own a Candy white 2014 sportwagen?

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
Im super confused. I originally thought that Candy white was offered very early in the model year for 2014 and then they switched to Pure white ( which I hate mind you)

Now I find a late 2014 built in 5/14 and they say its Candy white. Looked up what colors came in 2014 and all they list is Candy White.

BUT I have also found many Pure White jetta Sportwagens..

Anyone have a 2014 Candy white wagon? What month was it built?

Thanks!
Peter

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I should start by saying that I do not have a candy white 2014 Sportwagen.
However, I am curious about something. I used to have a candy White Sportwagen ('09) and now I have a Pure White 2018 VW. Even when they were parked side by side, they both just looked white to me. Therefore, I find it interesting that you have a preference for one over the other. How are the two whites different? I really didn't notice much of a difference, but perhaps this could be related to the fact that the old car was probably dirty while the new one was clean.;)

Have Fun!

Don

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
actually there isnt much.. but trust me, there is. Why the hell VW changed such a wonderful color, I have no idea.

Candy has more of a yellow base and just a touch of blue. Pure white has the opposite. Much more blue and just a pinch of yellow.

The yellow adds that luxurious cream look, takes away the brashness and harshness of the pure white. It is imho awesome

Pure white is hideous. Looks nice on larger vehicles like the Atlas but on the smaller cars, it looks cheap. It also doesnt age well at all because it shows oxidation and dullness like mad.

I hate Pure white. Seriously. I hate it. Even the VW Dealers and salespeople know and agree with me..

Sad.

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
Oh and sure enough, I had the dealer look up that late 2014 one and it is indeed Pure White. Ugh.