Frequently asked for part numbers

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Unless your car is already cursed with Chaxles, then you need to buy the previously mentioned NEW ones, because Volkswagen won't take your cores so you cannot get the remans.

BTDT many, many times. The Chaxle epidemic on B5s and A5s is crazy. :rolleyes:

diesel#2

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen, 2004.5 Passat Variant (sold), 2000 Golf (still in family), 1998 jetta (RIP)
I'd also add the numbers for the fuel filter valve (1J0127247J), clip (I lost this part number so ???) and O-rings(1J0198247). usually the O-rings come w/ the filter but.... ever have one go flying!?

how often should this t-valve be changed anyway? I've looked but don't see anything on how often one should change the valve (O-rings every time yes-- but the actual valve as part of maintenance? or very 3rd time or something??

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
Anyone have the part number to the grommets that you have to remove to get to the upper strut nuts? There are two per strut. Mine are not wanting to come out in one piece.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Don't bother. The replacements won't really fit the same, and you'll get pissed you paid so much for a little disc of plastic. They really don't even look exactly the same as what comes out, either.

I use Flex Tape (like the guy on TV sells). You can find it in stores easily enough. Just cut small pieces to fit down in where they need to go to cover the holes. Works great.

LoneLIPumpeDuse

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat,04,BLUE GRAPHITE PRL
Multifunction Transmission Range (TR) Switch F125 Range sensor....... 01v919821b

Last edited: