Canadian Brethren help?

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
I would like to order a few things from Princess Auto. They no longer ship south of the border.

When we get closer to the 'fest, would someone be willing to receive something for me and deliver it?

Thanks, Bruce

PharoahTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I may take you up on the offer. I was hoping to order some headlights and small parts. Its free shipping in the US be and arm and a leg to Canada.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
I live a few minutes away from a Princess Auto. And my neighbor works there, so I MIGHT be able to get a discount depending on the item. I thought PA was basically the same as Harbour Freight though? Really cheap tools :rolleyes: . Are these specific items no available at HF?

Let me know if I can be of help.

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Can't get what I want at Harbor Freight. PA carries a cheap hose clamp plier for spring clamps that works flawlessly. The expensive ones I buy keep flying apart. I have three pairs of expensive lying on the bench, all have self destructed.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Uh oh. Are you talking about G:

Apparently, PA doesn't carry them any more. There was a thread in the Ontario section recently that talked about these pliers. But I will inquire at my local outlet and get back to you. Have you tried Zdmak (SP?) tools? They used to promote this tool in the classifieds section a while ago.

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Nope, I had one of those ZDMak POS. I moved and punished it by leaving it hanging in the garage. Let the new owners figure out what it is.

I'm talking about letter F. Works great despite 2 years of frequent use.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Well, its confirmed. The leter G is discontinued. But they had a bunch of the letter F ones. In fact, they are on sale at the moment for C$6.99 each. How many do you want?

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Pick me up 5 pair, and tell me where to send fundage to. If you dont mind, grab me a 2 of the 2991016 removers also. Thanks, Bruce

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
paramedick said:
Pick me up 5 pair, and tell me where to send fundage to. If you dont mind, grab me a 2 of the 2991016 removers also. Thanks, Bruce
The pullers you are asking about, those are the upholstery pullers, right? They are made by Lisle. Those should be redily available stateside. Or, there is a 5 piece set at Harbour Freight that is half the price of one of the ones you want fro PA:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=95432

Let me know about the pullers. I will get the pliers tomorrow before the go off sale.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
They only had 4 pairs of clamp pliers. I'll try another store for the 5th. I also got you a PA branded trim removal puller. It was 1/3rd the cost of the Lisle ones. If you don't want it, no worries, I need one myself actually, so I can keep it.

LMK.