Maintenance Schedule

PetrolMan

This has probably been asked a few thousand times by now but please forgive me. I just had my oil changed today and of course they told me to come back in in five thousand miles. I asked about this and the lady told me the oil was fine for the ten thousand miles but the oil filter would most likely need to be changed sooner.

Just trying to get an opinion from someone who isn't making money by selling me things I may or may not need.

2006 Jetta by the way.

Thank you.

robbinsresort

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI, 85 Golf n/a Diesel
PetrolMan said:
I asked about this and the lady told me the oil was fine for the ten thousand miles but the oil filter would most likely need to be changed sooner.
BS.

Oil change intervals for the '06 are 5k, 10k, and every 10k thereafter.
There is no separate oil change.

Kier

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Limited Diesel Edition, DSG, Reflex Silver/Anthracite
PetrolMan said:
This has probably been asked a few thousand times by now but please forgive me. I just had my oil changed today and of course they told me to come back in in five thousand miles. I asked about this and the lady told me the oil was fine for the ten thousand miles but the oil filter would most likely need to be changed sooner.

Just trying to get an opinion from someone who isn't making money by selling me things I may or may not need.

2006 Jetta by the way.

Thank you.
The VW OEM Filter is good up to 50,000 km. Change it every 10K miles to keep your warrenty valid. They are not very expensive compared to other VW parts.