2003 Jetta/Bora highly modified w/6-speed LSD

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Yeah, WT*Frank. I am amazed no one snapped this up yet at a very reasonable price. You've dropped > 10K in some of the best upgrades possible into the best Tdi ever made, IMO. Sweet 6 speed, LSD...you've made this even more of a driver's car. This is one sweet sweet Tdi. If I weren't a proud 335d owner I'd be all over this.

Last edited:

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
Yeah, WT*Frank. I am amazed no one snapped this up yet at a very reasonable price. You've dropped > 10K in some of the best upgrades possible into the best Tdi ever made, IMO. Sweet 6 speed, LSD...you've made this even more of a driver's car. This is one sweet sweet Tdi. If I weren't a proud 335d owner I'd be all over this.
I've had a few people text me about it. Some even hold conversations for a few days about the car, but no one has so much as looked at it yet so I'm still driving it as my daily driver. Going to change the oil when I come back from CES. Last fuel up she still managed to get 47 mpg. :D

Thanks for the kind words. The car is a blast to drive, super reliable, and great on fuel economy. :)

Last edited:

sackman

Veteran Member
TDI
2(2003) 2Dr ARL/ASV
Price reduced to a final $7,000. I won't budge below $7k for this forum. It is still listed higher on Craigslist but a cool even $7,000 will take the car.
Bump for a wonderfully priced TDI. Best Year! :cool:
Someone will snatch this up soon.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
my friend would have bought it from you a few months ago but you wound't take paypal for a deposit so he bought a new one instead

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
my friend would have bought it from you a few months ago but you wound't take paypal for a deposit so he bought a new one instead
A dealership took Paypal as a deposit? I might have said I wouldn't take Paypal as the full payment but I didn't say I would not take Paypal for the deposit. I have had multiple people call and make offers...some of which I have agreed to a sale price...but no deposits have been sent so the car is still for sale. If your friend is the same one that called me a few months ago we agreed on a deposit but he never sent it nor did he call me back. And as I type this out I realize it will quickly turn into a "he said this" and "I said this" sort of thing. But it's fairly simple really - if someone is genuinely interested, send me a deposit.

Last edited:

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
no he just paid them cash since it was in person and didn't need stuff.

noplug

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS
Beautiful car!

I am totally amazed it's not sold yet!
Kudos to you for keeping her so nice and pricing fairly!

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GTD Stage III / 2015 Touareg TDI LUX Stage II
How is the clutch and what type is it...does it have suspension sway bars by any chance?

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
How is the clutch and what type is it...does it have suspension sway bars by any chance?
The clutch is a stage 2 clutch and is without fault. No slips, etc. Without a better word, it is pefect. The car came with front and rear ati-sway bars but I removed them both because they were honestly a pain in the ass. The rear sway bar constantly slipped out of the bushings and the front tower strut brace made it a PITA to change anything in the engine bay (air filter, cabin air filter, add oil to the engine, etc). With the FSD struts and Eibach springs the car does not suffer from any handling woes. :D

Last edited:

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
Well on Sunday I was going to show the car to one of the guys who looked at it yesterday but I just got off the phone with someone else and he just sent a deposit. The car is officially pending sale.

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
Car is pretty much sold. Buyer is sending me payments to amount to half of the total amount and then is flying in to pay the rest in cash and drive the car to his destination.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Car is pretty much sold. Buyer is sending me payments to amount to half of the total amount and then is flying in to pay the rest in cash and drive the car to his destination.
Excellent! Congrats!!

When the sale is complete, would you mind updating the original for sale ad with the final sale price? As I've stated many times, it helps others in gauging value of these cars, especially one with many modifications.

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Make sure the buyer becomes, if not already, a member on the forums so we can continue to hear about this great car!

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
Excellent! Congrats!!

When the sale is complete, would you mind updating the original for sale ad with the final sale price? As I've stated many times, it helps others in gauging value of these cars, especially one with many modifications.
Absolutely.

Make sure the buyer becomes, if not already, a member on the forums so we can continue to hear about this great car!
He's on here. He checked back and saw that it said "Pending Sale" a little while ago and he called me to make sure I didn't take another deposit from someone else, haha. I told him that the pending sale was to him.

I spoke with the buyer today and he is sending me a check for the remaining total of the car along with paperwork that he needs me to fill out for him to get the title and tag up in NY before he comes down here to NC to pick up the car and drive it down to Florida where he has some family.

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
Car is sold. I ended up selling it for $6,000. The buyer is flying down on the 22'nd and is going to drive it back to his house 6+ hours away. :) Buyer is really cool, really nice, and straight forward. I'll let him chime in if he wishes to do so but until then I won't mention who he is.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Car is sold. I ended up selling it for $6,000. The buyer is flying down on the 22'nd and is going to drive it back to his house 6+ hours away. :) Buyer is really cool, really nice, and straight forward. I'll let him chime in if he wishes to do so but until then I won't mention who he is.
Awesome!

ssaric1.9TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Passat TDI, 2003 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
Congrats on the sell and I hope that we will still see this beautiful car on forum in the future.

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
Congrats on the sell and I hope that we will still see this beautiful car on forum in the future.
Thanks guys. I wish I would have held out longer and stuck to $7,000 but I needed to sell the car pretty quick even though it was for sale for over 4 months. And of course as soon as a deposit was made I had 5 other people express interest in the car, haha.

I'm not sure if the buyer is active on here or not but I do really appreciate everything this forum offers (help, advice, etc). And thankfully I found a Passat Wagon TDI to purchase so I will be staying on this forum. I really loved the Jetta that I just sold - it is quick, looks great, is super reliable, etc, and I'm really pleased that it is going to good home. A little sad to see it go but I need a bigger car for my growing family.

Last edited:

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Just want to close by saying if my wife drove a stick, I would have bought this in a heart beat. Whoever got this scored an amazing deal, IMO.

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Just want to close by saying if my wife drove a stick, I would have bought this in a heart beat. Whoever got this scored an amazing deal, IMO.
Weak excuse! Trade the wife!:D

My wife drives a stick (she learned to drive one in Manila:eek:).

beckster

TDI
MK4 Jetta
Sorry for reviving an old thread! But I just purchased this car from the gentleman you sold it to in NY. It's still unbelievably clean. I plan to daily drive it while my husband fixes up my old MK4 Golf GLS TDI, which will become his new DD. It's got 296k on it now, I'm sending it to my VW guy for a timing belt next week. Thanks for building an awesome car, I'm looking forward to enjoying it.

beckster

TDI
MK4 Jetta
Oh by the way, since he purchased it, the previous owner put new Dunlop tires on, got it a Kerma custom tune with immobilizer delete (165HP and 350 ft/lb torque) new glow plugs and harness, and a new plenum cover. We're planning on installing a panzer plate soon.