repairs, warranties, and more repairs

DrinkDiesel

TDI
2001 Jetta
Last May I had my EGR valve and MAF sensors replaced as well as the manifold cleaned. The service and situation that led to these repairs was awfull so in November I took it to another dealer (Fairfax) when more problems arose (turned out to be glow plugs). This past January the check engine light sent me back to Fairfax for mroe repairs; the vanes on the turbo were stuck in closed position so the turbo was replaced (under warranty). Since this repair my turbo had been whistling when the boost kicked in so I took it to yet another dealer (Martens in DC) partly because I was told by Fairfax that any warranty service could be done by VW and because it is a lot closer than Fairfax. The whistling, they concluded, was caused by a vacuum leak from the EGR valve to the EGR solenoid.

I'll be straight forward, I know very little about diesel mechanics. It just seems to me that I have paid for the same repairs mutiple times. Martens insinuated that they had to charge me for labor but that I should be able to contact the first dealer and have them refund this fee. Is this accurate? Or more to the point, does this make sense? I don't anticpate the first dealer being at all cooperative, so if this is a legitimate course what other options do I have?