EGR Cooler delete on CR engines

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Since there is no room under big turbo to keep EGR cooler i had to delete it.
Cooling diagrams did not help much as they are WRONG

These are the pipes that go to the egr cooler situated at the back of the engine, under the turbo.

In the big hose there is a joint from where water travels to the back, near the fuel pump you also have a temperature sensor on the metal pipe. We must keep this one.

Below you see solution in RED..i took the metal pipe with the sensor and connected it to the T joint on big hose, and below on the pump hose.

The idea was not to go with pipes behind the engine, to keep circuit as short as possible.

If you have any suggestions, please ..

Last edited:

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
Your pictures have been deleted by photobucket. Can you re upload them?

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Go to your browser settings and install plugin for photobucket. You will then see the photos on all the forums.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Hi, is your egr cooler the same as the pd cooler? I have deleted sucessfully egr coolers on pd 2.0tdi before and the new seat exeo 2.0 CR tdi that i havr its exactly the same as the older pd engines in that regard. I cut the coolant pipes and welded 2p coins on the outlets on a few and blanking plates + new coolant plastic elbows with filed tabs on others. They worked fine although the car seemed to get hot a lot harder!

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
tried 3 different plugins..still cant see the pics

Turbodude1

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf 2dr. RCII, sprint 520s, shine susp
Owain's fixed worked for me. Only to realize the European EGR coolers are different..