1996 Passat TDI Wagon For Sale on Ebay (WA state)

vicmason

TDI
1996 TDI Passat Wagon (sold Apr 2019); 2006 TDI Beetle
Hello, everyone. I bought the silk blue B4V I named Bella Blue from Hobs of AZ back in 2010, who had bought it just three months before from its original owner Turbo81roc of CT. I've had many years of joy and sorrow with this car. Unfortunately, the vehicle has not been running for the last three years, so it is time for me to let it go; hopefully to someone who will bring her back to life. Get all the deets and see all the pictures at this Ebay listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/323770282351. The starting bid of $1,500 reflects the work it will need, there is no reserve, and it's a 10-day auction. I appreciate all of you on this forum, and will make a donation after sale. ~ Victoria

Last edited:

vicmason

TDI
My car sold on Ebay, with two bidders, for $1,725; which I am happy with. The Passat will be shipped to its new life in Queens NY. It's very interesting that there are three B4V's listed for sale on this forum's page, and each have only a couple hundred views and NO responses. It was very different when I was found my Passat here on this forum nine years ago. Folks were almost frenzied about these rigs. Now there seems to be no interest. What happened? Is it just because they are all 22/23 years old now with correspondingly higher mileage?

I've made a donation to Fred, as promised. I still have a 2006 TDI Beetle, so will be sticking around. Peace!

Last edited:

vicmason

TDI
I asked an honest question, and kooyajerms gives me a smartass response. Of course I know mine wasn't running. But the other two B4V's being advertised were. So if it is just the condition of these cars themselves, okay. I just really wanted to know if if the B4V's had fallen out of favor, and why. Thanks, CrazyQuantumMan, for a reasonable response.