Hi from Illinois

drucifer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta sw tdi pd
Wow! You had a German diesel and never had any problem that a forum couldn't of helped you with until it's time to get rid of it? Nevertheless you are a member and there is a cars for sale section. Please follow the rules especially about pricing. If not you will undoubtedly be reminded.

TDI
2006 Jetta
Having the service manual helped with the timing belt changes, no question about that. I also did read forum posts for that, but had no reason to post any questions. Same for the recent heater hose leak.

Now when it comes to selling the car, I really can't do that without posting something unless I want to take it to Carmax and accept their fairly low offer or trade it in or some such. I'd rather that two things happen: the car goes to someone who wants one, and that I get a fair price for it.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Fair prices for VW diesels right now aren't very good due to the dieselgate scandal and VW unloading buyback cars on the market for very low prices. Good luck though.

TDI
2006 Jetta
That's interesting, LF1, and thanks for the sentiment. Although we had discussed getting something else, two weeks ago I hadn't seriously considered selling the car.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
There are several reasons for the pricing: TDIs tend to be higher mileage, and the diesel price premium has pretty much evaporated due to the higher mileage as well as the 'scandal'. In general, they are just older cars.

Up here in the rust belt, due to winter salt induced corrosion, cars take a worse price hit than ones from southern or drier climates where the corrosion is much less.

This is a good place to sell your car. Just be up front with all known history, post some good photos, and if you're reasonable, you'll have a good offer in a reasonable amount of time. The other posts in the for-sale topic will be good guides.

Cheers, and good luck,

PH

TDI
2006 Jetta
Thanks for the advice, PH. The thing about this car is that it has almost no history, other than oil, tires and brake pads, it's had no problems. Almost no rust too, and that's in an unusual spot and not due to the normal things.

But yea, I don't know what I'll get for the car. I'm not even sure what would be the minimum offer that I'd take today.

I haven't bought its replacement yet. If my future can be predicted based on my past, I'll take a lot less for the car once I have a replacement in my possession.