HELP: Remove bushing clamps from OEM rear sway bar.

CDubber

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta SportWagen TDI
I’m putting an Eibach rear sway bar on my ‘13 JSW, something I haven’t done before. Got the factory bar off easily, but how do I remove the clamps from the bushings? The Eibach didn’t come with clamps so I need to use the OEM clamps. But they’re a tight fit on the bushings and I’m not sure how to remove the clamps from the factory bar. Any advice? Thanks!

CDubber

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta SportWagen TDI
The clamps are quite beefy and are not cooperating with my attempts to pry them off with a couple of screwdrivers.

CDubber

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta SportWagen TDI
I’ve also tried knocking the clamp off with a hammer, and spanning the clamp across a bench vice and trying to hammer the bar down and out of the clamp. No success. I’d like to do this without destroying the factory bushing if I can, but I’m open to other options.

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
On my 2015 passat they just came apart by hand....no tools or extreme forcing required....and the components looked just as clean as yours...? Try spanning the vise and beat the bar down again....maybe a few spritzes of penetrating oil a day or so before if they are truly being *****es? The clamps are reused with the new bar/bushings as you're aware, so all you're worried about are the brackets. Good luck.