Are there any other modded TDIs in Eastern Carolina?

Powerstroke9773

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI (totaled parts car) 2003 Jetta GLS TDI
Hello I live in as the title states ...East of 95... I commute a hour and a half one way for my job and have never seen one other modded TDI. Just curious if there's anyone out there I always here about GTGs and things like that above the Mason Dixon line but never any talk around here. Also if anybody needs mechanic work on their Jettas I'm always open to drink a few beers and help someone out! Cheers everyone

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
I’m in Charleston, and there are a few around here. I’ve got a few mods. :D

There used to be regular GTG’s in and around the Carolinas, but it seems like there isn’t much interest any more.

Powerstroke9773

Veteran Member
TDI
That's a pretty car man. Yeah I commute 159 miles round trip and don't ever see and VWs looking like somebody didn't just buy em and drive em it'd be nice to have some guys around here that are enthusiasts

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Thank you sir. Yeah there are a few around here with modified diesels. Surprised you haven’t seen a yellow beetle running around, he has a red passenger door on it from a deer. He drives about 260 miles a day. He’s up and down I-95, he lives in Florence. His name is Gary.

Powerstroke9773

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah I live East of 95 north of Greenville I commute almost to VA everyday. And yeah it would be fun if we found some more people to have a GTG. Mine definitely is a sleeper compared to yours Terry lolol. But when I get on it they either think I'm burning oil or they know I'm burning coal lol. Can't tell you how many times I've had a little old lady stop to remind me at the duck thru I'm parked at the diesel pump lololol. If you ever see a green Jetta with Farm Use tags on the front that's me.

ncroadwarrior

Veteran Member
TDI
04 JSW bew
moved to beaufort nc in june 2018
mildly improved 2004 JSW
very few folks around here, like terry states :used to be GTG where everyone helped everyone else, miss those:(

Powerstroke9773

Veteran Member
TDI
Tony your not far from me. My wife actually commutes to school up in Virginia Beach. And I commute to Elizabeth City.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Did someone say Virginia Beach :)
Would love to see a GTG, the last one I've been to was in SC when I had first picked up my Jetta.

Powerstroke9773

Veteran Member
TDI
Grew up eastern Carolina moved to VA beach for high school then military to Maryland back to eastern Carolina again thankfully. Oak City is the town although I'm sure nooooooo one on here knows where that is lololol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Grew up eastern Carolina moved to VA beach for high school then military to Maryland back to eastern Carolina again thankfully. Oak City is the town although I'm sure nooooooo one on here knows where that is lololol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Nope, but I have worked in Tarboro, Robersonville, and Scotland Neck when I was on a project. Never drove through Oak City. Nice country driving down there though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk