Egr delete 2006 jetta BRM

1sloVR4

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Question, the picture posted above shows either a vacuum line or a hard line that is zip tied with a vacuum On the end of it. What motor is that and what did that go to? I’m assuming wastegate? Sorry I know this is an old thread
2006 1.9L BRM. That vacuum line goes to the EGR valve which was capped on the end after deleting the EGR valve/cooler. The zip tie was used to keep the vacuum line from moving around in the engine bay.

Neiltanner66

TDI
ALH
Remove the large turbo oil drain nut, and loosen the upper oil drain pipe brace nut. You will now be able to push the oil drain tube/pipe towards the firewall, and pull out the cooler.
Oil will spill out of the bottom nut, so be ready.
As far as which vacuum line to cap, simply follow the metal vacuum line up to the top of the engine.
You cap the inner nipple on the n239 valve, or anti shutter valve.

Yes, an egr delete will require a tune to turn off the check engine light.
Asv still works using this mod?
If I don’t delete my Egr cooler will the delete ( by passing the cooler with exhaust gas) accomplish the same thing?

Rx7145

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta BRM
Yes the ASV will still work. I would not bypass the cooler, the exhaust gases would be extremely hot going into the engine. I’m not sure what would happen, but it wouldn’t be good. You also don’t need to remove the turbo oil drain you can wiggle it out.

Neiltanner66

TDI
ALH
Can I just block off the exhaust pipe from the Egr cooler and leave it in place? If the delete is done the Egr doesn’t open to allow exhaust flow anyway(?)

Rx7145

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta BRM
Unless the car is tuned, the valve will still try and open, so yes there needs to be a block off plate on both ends.