Injectors upgrade BRM DSG

relumalutan

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI Special Edition
06 Jetta BRM with 268k miles currently have a stage IV tune from Malone with the following setup:
GTB1749V turbo (good to 200 HP according to Darkside Developments)
EGR valve and cooler delete
Stock injectors (according to Darkside the current turbo, with stock injectors the setup can produce maximum 160-170 hp).
3" Catback pipe.
PD150 ARL head bolts.
Frank06 camshaft kit.

Questions, taking in consideration that I'm planing to improve power:
1. At which point should I be concerned about the DSG not being able to handle the power and potentially getting damaged? I know that the DSG is torque limited and that can be modified with a DSG tune.
2. If the DSG will be able to handle it: Planing to do a turbo upgrade in the distant future. What injectors should I buy that will bring the current turbo to its maximum potential of 200 HP and will also work with let's say a GTB2260VK turbo? Not decided yet on the turbo upgrade. I know that PD150 injectors will provide more than enough fuel for the current turbo, my question is, will they also be able to provide enough fuel for the turbo upgrade?
3 Trying to build a decent sleeper here, the car will not be abused, it will be driven normally. I'm aiming for high MPGs, but it would be nice to know that plenty of power is available, in case I encounter a******s on the road during my daily travels. Not planing to race any muscle cars, I am aware that I stand no chance.

Last edited: