A/C Clutch wont Engage NOT THE RELAY!?

BBB129

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon BHW 2004 Jetta 5 spd BEW - 99.5 jetta 5 speed - 1982 Mercedes 300D Manual 4 spd
Alright So ive been looking and it seems that nobody's written about this problem.
In the Fall my compressor went out...ok well it was cool so I didnt worry about it until now, now that I replaced the Compressor condensor etc...charged and ran the compressor it would Only kick on with direct 12v to the plug....

I NEVER had any problems with the clutch engaging previously, I tried messing with current relay....Car came with an extra 384 relay I tried and That didn't work, SO i just went and bought one from autohausaz.com $40

And still nothing, Clutch wont engage, if anybody has any ideas i'm all ears. Gonna go chase around the "hot" side of the wire and see, but this problem just started as far as I can tell. Compressor is charged and full of oil....all should be good.
Really figured the 384 was my issue with the BSM delete and warmer weather now....thanks again.

Aridzonan

TDI
2001 GOLF
I had the same thing happen where the ATS (Atmospheric Temp Sensor) wire had been chewed thru by a mouse. It's located driver's side next to your ECU.