Any source to get braided return hose from DG bypass

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
I've trying to get braided hose return to valve cover, as of now running it with hard plastic from hardware store, it is flimsy and unsafe wo I need to change it anybody knows where can I source one?

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
I've had good luck with Vibrant stuff. Easy to get from Summit or Jegs - you can build one up to 2 feet long for ~$30 with a straight one one end and a 90 on the other. ~$25 if you can do straight on both ends.

Be careful with the stainless braid though - it will wear through anything else it touches. The hose itself will be fine, but anything it touches it slowly saws in half.

They have a cloth cover that's typically the same price, or you can put some covering over the stainless if it touches anywhere.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
I've had good luck with Vibrant stuff. Easy to get from Summit or Jegs - you can build one up to 2 feet long for ~$30 with a straight one one end and a 90 on the other. ~$25 if you can do straight on both ends.

Be careful with the stainless braid though - it will wear through anything else it touches. The hose itself will be fine, but anything it touches it slowly saws in half.

They have a cloth cover that's typically the same price, or you can put some covering over the stainless if it touches anywhere.

What about those fitting at the end are they the right size of thread?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
any hydraulic shop can make whatever hose you want with any end you need. go local

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
What about those fitting at the end are they the right size of thread?
I believe (assume) that the mating ends are -4 flare 37 degree. If so, that will work. If not, it's easy to screw in the correct adapters.

IIRC, they used 1/8-NPT in the filter head and had you tap the valve cover for the same.

$2.99 at summit

Going to your local hydraulic shop is also an option as Mongler98 mentions. For me, I'd rather have the aluminum ends vs plated steel which will rust after a few years. I don't think you can get a hose made at a local hydraulic shop for less $ and if you want stainless braid/aluminum ends, for sure not.

Another thing to consider is the convenience of being able to mock up the hose routing with the actual hose and fittings and make it yourself at 3:00 PM on a Sunday. Even if it was the same price at a local shop, this is a huge factor (for me) since hose routing is as much an art as anything else and being able to try different things is very convenient.