Part number for H&R OEM springs

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
Does anyone know the part number for the H&R OEM springs for a 2015 Passat TDI?
Why do you want them? I foolishly put them on my 2014 Passat and now I wish I had just used the springs that came on the car. The Koni FSD's that I installed is another story........they are great!

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
Why do you want them? I foolishly put them on my 2014 Passat and now I wish I had just used the springs that came on the car. The Koni FSD's that I installed is another story........they are great!
There has been a few reviews that do not support H&R very well, as in ride harshness. The Eibachs progressive springs (Eibach Pro-Kit (85105.140) are more highly suggested to retain ride quality.

Also, something to consider are to use slightly shorter bump stops front/rear as you'll regain some suspension/shock travel and avoid hitting the original height bump stops....making the ride less jarring.

Front: Part# 1K0412303F for shorter bump stops versus the longer OEM ones.

Rear: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3553287&jsn=3

Not 1st hand experience with this though. I will be looking to the Eibachs when the time comes. A poster on the Vortex forum has been trialing different setups on his '16 Passat V6, he didn't like the harshness of the H&R's so he went Eibach, Koni dampners (trialed) both Sports and FSD, and shorter bump stops and in his words...… "stock ride comfort right there"

Last edited: