Going to junk yard any mk4 parts worth $$

Giberish33

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta TDi 1z
going to a junk yard today with a bunch of mk4s mostly gassers and 1 tdi. are there any common interior parts or parts that have value on mk4s? basically anything worth while for me to grab and sell ( i have a mk3 so non of it would be useful to me).

thanks

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
If the tdi is an ALH auto it would have an 11mm pump that would be a good score. The center console cup holders might net you $40-60, they were a late model update (late 03, 04, 05 and 06 golf and wagon).

Look for aftermarket parts, euro headlight switches, gauge pods, 3 spoke steering wheel, these are good scores that would sell easily. Good condition arm rests and glove boxes there is a market for, but not if easy sells, depends on demand.

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
If you find turbo or v6 gassers with manual trans-es the output flanges are needed for half-shaft upgrades. Also the knuckes off same are needed for brake upgrades. The rotors are a bit thicker, and at minimum 8mm larger. Calipers and hangers also required; grab the whole knuckle, and axles while you are at it...:)
cheers,
Douglas