Emissions Scandal - VW Phase-1 repair completed

SMacMac

TDI
2015 GOLF TDI SEL
I own a 2015 VW GOLF TDI SEL (GTD Clone). I decided to keep the car... I specifically ordered the car I wanted and took delivery in May 2015. After news broke of the Diesel Emissions Scandal, I decided that I would keep it. While I won't see the largest financial incentive as a leaseholder, I will (as I had always intended) buy the car at the end of the lease term. I submitted my claim and it was approved in less then 24 hours. I scheduled my appointment and the 'repair' was completed in about 90 minutes. (*Note, I received 'compensation' funds from VW direct 3 days later.) As to performance...while there is a slight decrease in engine performance, the most noticeable change is in the transmission (DSG). The shift points seem to come sooner within the RPM range and I expect this programming change to be an effort to maintain fuel economy. I was provided a new Fuel Economy rating sheet and learned that my mileage rating decreased by an (advertised) 1 MPG. The (VW displayed) average of 42-46 MPG remains unchanged from (pre-phase-1) previous averages. (Seattle WA - Fuel: Chevron Diesel and Stanadyne Cetane additive) Estimated Cetane Rating is 54. Generally, the decrease in performance in nominal. Hopefully others will post here about there experience with the phases of repair. ~Mac

Last edited: