FS 2003 Jetta TDI 150k 1 owner, 5-speed, Great Condition

Jeff_In_NJ

TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta GL
*** SOLD ***

Greetings!

I’ve been a member of TDICLub since 2005, two years after I purchased my 2003 Jetta GL TDI. It has served me remarkably well over the years, but I will be receiving a hand-me-down 2014 Passat TDI in a few weeks, so it’s time for me to sell.

Model: 2003 Jetta GL TDI 5 speed
Miles: 150,120 (as of 11/3/18)
Color: Silver
Price: $3,250 OBO (Price Just Reduced!)

Maintenance: I have attended fastidiously to any and all maintenance needs. I have all maintenance records from purchase of the car to today. From 2003 to 2008, the car was primarily serviced by Mark’s Trackside Auto Center in Princeton, NJ. Since 2009, the car has primarily been serviced by G&V Auto in South Orange, NJ, a garage that specializes in Mercedes, BMW, Audi, and Volkswagen. Details:

• The timing belt, water pump, tensioners, and related hardware were last changed in June 2012 when the mileage was 88,399. This replacement was done by Quirk Volkswagen in Manchester, NH.

• The alternator was replaced in May 2015 by G&V.

• All four glow plugs were replaced in September 2018 by G&V.

• The car has only been serviced with synthetic oil. I have had the oil changed approximately every 5,000 - 6,000 miles. The last oil change was May 25, 2018, when the mileage was 146,237.

• New rear tires on November 21, 2017 (mileage 142,580); new front tires on April 28, 2017 (mileage 136,280).

Body: The body is in very good condition. There are two small rust spots where the very bottom of the left door meets the left fender. Same on the right door/right fender. See pictures below. Of note, in June 2011, VW warrantee fully replaced and repainted both front fenders in response to a Technical Service Bulletin for the corrosion of fender wells on TDIs of this vintage.

Interior: The interior is very clean. No animals/pets have ever been in the car.

Accidents: In November 2011, the front side of my car collided with a deer. It was repaired to like-new condition by Douglas Volkswagen in Summit, NJ. The repair included a new left headlamp, left fender, and hood. The car has not been in any other accidents.

Keys: I only have two keys for the car — the valet key and one of the remote keys. The battery in the remote key, however, needs to be replaced.

Last edited: