Going to Colorado

msparks

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GLS Silver
Okay,

Getting ready to take a trip to Colorado.

I have Cetane boost and Powerservice in the trunk. I don't know about the fuel, hopefully I will fuel up here in el paso, then drive at least to the CO border. Hopefully I will get far enough to get good winterized fuel.

How much Power Service should I be using when I am up there? I will be putting 3 oz or so of Cetane boost.

Then nights up there have been getting down to about 2 degrees and I don't want to be stranded up there.

Let me know if there is anything else that I need to do.

Thanks

------------------
Lube-Direct

New Lube Forums

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
Because your Texas fuel doesn't have a lot of Diesel #1 in it, I recommend to fillup in Colorado before retiring for the evening and double or triple dosing the amount of Power Service - if it's Diesel Fuel Supplement. Arctic Express Anti-gell is simply a more concentrated version of DFS with more anti-gel chemicals in it.

Happy Holidays!

msparks

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GLS Silver
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Turbo Steve:
I recommend to fillup in Colorado before retiring for the evening and double or triple dosing the amount of Power Service - if it's Diesel Fuel Supplement.
Happy Holidays!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it's diesel supplement in the white bottle. I bought 32 oz size fits in the little compartment in the trunk just right beside the cetane boost.

What is a normal dose so that I know what a double or triple is.

I have never used this stuff before. I have been using Amsoil's Diesel Fuel modifier every once in a while, but its kind of expensive to use all the time.

I am looking for something I can add all the time, I'm torn between Power Service or MM oil. Which would be cheaper to use long term?

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
MMO - 4-oz's per tank
Power Service - 6-oz's per tank
Cetane Boost - 3-oz's per tank

When you get to Colorado, just fillup and put a pint of DFS in it and you'll be good to go.

jaydhall

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE, 1999 NB, 1999.5 Jetta GLS, 2004 Jetta
FYI, I have just been filling up at Flying J. No additives yet this winter. Down to 3 degrees the other day. No problems yet. Using additives is not a bad idea. I live in the Denver area. If I was going to go in the mountains and stop for any length of time, I would add my PS or Dr Diesel. If you buy Total 50 cetane, you will not need to dose it with cetane adder.