VAG-COM in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area

flash9

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon GLS 5-Speed, 2003, White
Looking For VAG-COM in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area

I am in the need of someone how has access to and is familiar with how to change some settings in VAG-COM.

Our Brake Pad Warning light is lit on our dash and will not go off.

I jumpered the sensor wires and it still has not gone off, so I would like assistance in adjusting the following settings:
Channel 17 - Instruments
Coding:
07 = 01 + 02 + 04 ... since I have the Brake Warning active, Seatbelt Warning Active and Washer Fluid Warning active. Since I want to deactivate the brake warning, I add the Seatbelt warning and Washer fluid warning only --- or... 02 + 04 = 06. So my code would be "06232"
This information came from this post about disabling the brake pad warning sensor.

Hopefully you can contact me through a Private Message or Email by clicking my Flash9 name just above the Veteran Member description.

Last edited:

flash9

Veteran Member
TDI
Bump

Bump to ask if anyone is available in the RTP area one weekend afternoon to help?

Vegged-Out

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2003 Jetta | 2011 BMW 335d | 2016 BMW Xdrive35d
flash9, I am near Holly Springs, but pretty busy most of the time; as in work out of town and taking a masters program. If I can find some time in next couple weeks, I can help you. let me know what works best for you.

flash9

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks

Vegged-Out - I sent you a Private Message.

Please contact me when you have time to discuss potential options on getting together.

Bigbird389

TDI
2002 Golf
Not sure if this is the right area to ask, but can anyone recommend a shop in the chapel hill area? I went through the the 194 pages of local shop recommendations and didn't see any.

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
Hi Chapel Hill guys. I live here now. I finally got my VCDS (VAG-COM) up here and I have a lot of tools for working on TDIs not to mention quite a lot of experience. Shoot me an email robbyplenge at gmail

Last edited:

flash9

Veteran Member
TDI
Hi Chapel Hill guys. I live here now. I finally got my VCDS (VAG-COM) up here and I have a lot of tools for working on TDIs not to mention quite a lot of experience. Shoot me an email robby @ runonbeer.com
Robby - Are you still in the RTP area? Are you still interested in helping working on TDI's?

Gordie

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
Yep I’m here. PM replied flash. I’ve got an ALH torn apart in my garage at this very moment. I did get an actual factual job though so my free time to do car stuff is pretty limited.