Help! Need VAG-COM in Chapel Hill

adrian2465

TDI
2001 Golf
Hi,

We have a 2001 Golf TDI (recently acquired) and the cruise control does not work.

We ordered the replacement stalk, and installed it. Still no joy.

When switched on, the CC light on the dash does not illuminate. I think this means the problem is more fundamental than the clutch, brake, or accelerator switches right? I.e. is there some light on the dash that comes on when CC is turned on on the stalk?

The next step for diagnosing this is to have a VAG-COM and look at the signals produced.

Is there someone in Chapel Hill, NC who has a VAG-COM we could come over and use?

Thanks in advance!
Adrian
Chapel Hill NC 27514
Just PM me

Last edited:

jessabug

Veteran Member
TDI
Hubby's 2001 Jetta TDI, '84 IDI turbo diesel Jetta
If its an '01, you may not have the light. I know my husband's '01 Jetta TDI doesn't have the light. Lots of VW owners around the area and some good shops around that have it as well. We have it but we're crazed this week with the holidays.

NCDubs.org might be a good place to ask. Absolute Automotive is in Durham, Apex Tuning in Apex as well if you want a shop .

adrian2465

TDI
2001 Golf
Hi Jennabug
Thanks for the info. If they're open we will give them a shout.
If there is normally no light on the dashboard when the switch is on, then the problem could be either the brake switch or the clutch switch.
If you're. nearby we would be happy to bring you a bottle of wine :)
Adrian

Ps. Edited because I just saw that you wrote you had one.

Last edited: