flashzilla anyone?

Slider

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI - 503,000km
Hello, I have decided on a Malone tune and was wondering if anyone has a flashzilla I could borrow? I would like to collect logs as well with a vagcom and could use help with that as well.

I will travel anywhere in the GTA if anyone is willing to help a fellow TDI'er get back in the game. :)

Thanks...Kent

mogwai

TDI
2005 Jetta PD
Sadly, I don't think anyone will be able to help as a flashzilla is locked to the car one a tune has been flashed. The only way to unlock it is to load the stock programming back on that car. I was looking at buying one for doing my car and my wifes, but in talking to Mark at Malonetuning i would need to buy the dealer flashzilla unit for $1k.

Mogwai

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
take the car to one of Malone Tuning's distributors - they will be able to both load the tune and log the car.

ErackTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 jetta. 13 jetta, 04 jetta
i have been using a galletto 1260 tool to do my flashing
works on my car my wife's my friend with a jetta
it doesn't get locked
but i remember i talked to mark and he said the "he has had compatibility issues in the past" or something along those lines but it would be worth looking into.

Slider

TDI
Thanks for the info guys, good information that I did not know. The reason I ask is that on Malone's website, the cost is $300 for a stage2/3 tune and the local dealers want $400. So I thought I could borrow a falshzilla and save myself some money. With the rental at $50 bucks from Malone plus shipping, I may as well just take to a dealer and have the logs down as well.

Slider

TDI
i have been using a galletto 1260 tool to do my flashing
works on my car my wife's my friend with a jetta
it doesn't get locked
but i remember i talked to mark and he said the "he has had compatibility issues in the past" or something along those lines but it would be worth looking into.
@ErackTDI - where did you get that tool and how much?

clamb

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Wagon; 2010 Golf Wagon
When you start logging be prepared to uncover some issues. I'd recommend renting a flash unit for 50 and borrowing a vagcom cable. It took me a couple of weeks to get my previous bug to optimal running condition. How old are your:
Actuator
N75
Maf
Vac linesi
Clutch

Boost gauge installed? I love tuning but the tune is often the tip of the iceberg. It's fun.. Just know what you are getting into.