Raleigh/Durham area TDIers...............READ!

BoraTdi

Veteran Member
Do yourself a favor if you are in the area. I have been filling up at a local Citgo and it is top quality fuel! They have a high-top cover conducive to truck traffic, and I was filling up there today and had to wait in line! I asked one of the truckers about it and he said basically you can't get into the place around lunchtime. With all this traffic one can assume the turnover is high and quality is very good. My car ran smoother to redline than it has in a month after filling up here today for the first time since a month ago (go figure). It is located at the corner of hwy 54 and either Aviation Pkwy or Airport Rd (I think Airport). It's about 3 miles past Quintiles going away from I-40, heading toward Morrisville. Check it out locals.

------------------
Will
99.5 Jetta GLS/Luxury package, black. 16" Beetle Monte Carlos, Upsolute, confirmed member of the Epsilonian society.

Strack

Veteran Member
Why are you driving you TDI to the redline zone of your tach.. That's pretty high and will affect the longevity of your engine if you maintain that practice..

I will look for Citgo Fuel and try it. There aren't too many Citgo stations in my area these days...

BoraTdi

Veteran Member
I believe in maintaining a low soot-buildup level in my exhaust, that is why I happily maintain the practice of the daily redline

Tom Kuc

Veteran Member
BoraTDI,thanks for joining me in letting everyone know about this great fuel, one member will insist that it isn't really Citgo, and two or three others will argue that it is of very low quality-WE know better!

zilym

TDI
2001 New Beetle (white)
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RiceBurner:
Hey Bora, I just put a tankful of that garbage in my Accord and now it wont start.
Thanks alot.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!

(you -were- joking, right?

------------------
Ed Schlunder <zilym@SPAMNOT.yahoo.com>

TiddyBug

I beleive that Citgo you are refering to is at the corner of Airport Blvd and hwy 54. The reason there is so much traffic at lunch time is the food is good. I prefer the sandwiches across the road at the Exxon station. I'll be trying the Citgo fuel soon. This is my first diesel experience and I have a new white NB. I would like to minimize the soot output. I have not yet redline her. Maybe that what I need to do.

THanks!

carl

Hi, locals! Thanks for the tip. I'm a little south of you, so I may not get to that station. But my last two tanks were Citgo from the place just north of Fayetteville on 401. Heavy-ish truck corridor, so I assume pretty fresh. No complaints (48 mpg), but the other day I put BP in from the station on the south side of Fuquay, and my butt sez it's a smidge smoother. Maybe I'm just in a better mood this week.

While we're focused on this area, where do you guys go for service? I bought from Southern States, are they any good, or bad? How about independent shops? Thanks!

Carl
'01 Golf

BoraTdi

Veteran Member
Guys, the fuel there is good, try it. Trucks are always filling up there. As for the food, I am not that adventurous! I work off Davis Drive - maybe we should all have a rally at the Citgo sometime, lol. To minimize soot at low rpm/moderate boost, do yourself a favor and redline the car a couple times a day. It will run smoother and have less soot.

DieselAddict

Capi's sandwiches right? Love that place!

I eat there some but have yet to get fuel there.

BoraTDI, Lets do lunch sometime!! I work just around the corner from there.

Hi TiddyBug Looks like a new oiler in the area.

------------------
2001 Jetta TDI 5spd
1999.5 Ford F250 PSD 6spd

DieselAddict

I drove by there and the Capis is the Exxon across the road. I did fill up at the Citgo and will let you know any differences.

How about we get together for lunch sometime at the Remmington Grill just down from there on Aviation?

------------------
2001 Jetta TDI 5spd

jackyd

Another possibility might be Wilco stations, a small chain headquartered in North Carolina. I had the Virginia weights and measure folks test the station in Va. Beach and the cetane rating came back 45.3 It isn't Powerblend, but with cetane boost it gets it close to where it needs to be. And it's the best I can find in this area.

TiddyBug

I have been looking for the Amico Premium with no luck. Has anyone in the area found that. I'm not sure about the price at Citgo on the corner of Airport Blvd. but the Amico on Airport close to I40 is $1.54 for Diesel No. 2. Has anyone experienced that fuel?

I'd love to get together for lunch sometime to dicuss the TDI's!

DieselAddict

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BoraTdi:
There is a Remington Grill off Aviation? Lets' do it!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure enough! Give me a call at work sometime 465-7682 and lets go. I take lunch about 11:30. I can go about anytime though.

------------------
2001 Jetta TDI 5spd

Podkayne

Veteran Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TiddyBug:
I have been looking for the Amico Premium with no luck. Has anyone in the area found that. I'm not sure about the price at Citgo on the corner of Airport Blvd. but the Amico on Airport close to I40 is $1.54 for Diesel No. 2. Has anyone experienced that fuel?

I'd love to get together for lunch sometime to dicuss the TDI's!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hi guys,

I had to meet someone at the Outlet Mall off Airport Boulevard on Saturday, so I gave the Amoco station there a call - they had diesel but the people there were clueless about the cetane level or even what kind of diesel it was.

I decided to try the Citgo BoraTDI mentioned. I think it's psychological, but it does seem to run nicer so far. I'll let you know if my mileage changes, that's the thing I'm most interested in.

BTW, I could probably swing lunch sometime in that area. I work in Cary, but right off of Harrison/40 so the Airport/Aviation exits are nearby.

------------------
Heather and Podkayne of Mars
2001 Techno Blue TDI 5-speed New Beetle with grey interior
See you in Roswell! http://www.roswell2k.org

BoraTdi

Veteran Member
I could do lunch sometime, I am in the middle of prepping for tests, so after early March would be good. Let's all keep in touch by email and see if we can organize a GTG too maybe.